View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 03:56 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart Next is released

@Carrie

Quote:
Who supports the 3rd party mods then that are created if you auto take 25% cut? Do you do the initial support? Or do you take full responsibility for the support? Or is the developer responsible for full support and how is that communicated to the end user?

Module support is developer's responsibility. If you want to outsource customer support of the module to X-Cart Next team, contact us at developers@x-cart.com and we will discuss the details.

@addison
Quote:
- a bad thing is related to bandwidth. For 5000 products, 8GB is very, very small. Imagine how easy is achieving this bandwidth value.

Thanks for spotting it out! We can always tweak the bandwidth values, so don't worry about that. If we see that it is really small, we will know what is OK value and adjust the settings.

Quote:
- as software engineer I am interested to get access to the core customizing without paying more money in support (I know SaaS is a Golden Cave for those who offer it). I read it is allowed for certified developers. how can I be one? do I have to pay for this?

If you want to become a certified developer and upload modules to marketplace, write us an email at developers@x-cart.com. Now becoming a certified developer is absolutely free, all you need to do is to write 5 modules.

Besides that, to all early adopters we are offering developer support with no charge, developer documentation at https://x-cart.atlassian.net/ and distribution pack for local development.

Quote:
- you should encouraging more and more XC4 developers to join your platform - just for testing. this action will shorten the time to get nice features in XCN. you should spend time to teach Community that this new way has benefits.

Thanks for the suggestion! We are already doing it, but still thank you for the advice.

Quote:
- if Qualiteam took the decision to close XC4 project after a while believe me it is a bad one. even XCN could have all XC4 features.

Honestly, I do not see X-Cart Next as a competitor to X-Cart 4 and we do not want to close it.

X-Cart Next is for merchants who don't want to care about tech stuff + for developers who want to help such merchants.

X-Cart 4 is for developers who do always want to have an access to the entire code. We know that the most part of XC developer community loves this approach and we are happy about that. We are very thankful to all of you that you are using X-Cart 4 and we will not take it away from you as long as you need it.

As you can see two products solve two different problems, so why would we want to close XC4? I don't see any reason.