View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 12:53 PM

Veteran

Default Re: X-Cart 4.5.5 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem

Quote:
Note all "converting" tasks after the db sql patch. So my guess here is - if you want to upgrade to 4.5.5 - you have to run store upgrade from earlier 4.5.x version....

I don't really like this. Forget about what Jeremy described as post-upgrade-testing process - you have to go through either installing 4.5.x version to upgrade the db or use the live store to do that (if that live store is on 4.5.x)....

Steve,

Not following you here??? Have you found a way to do a last-minute database patch/upgrade only?

I meant - with this new 4.5.5 upgrade I don't see it possible to do the db sync like we did before, since the upgrade of the db is not finished after the sql patch is applied.

I have not tried this but maybe it will be possible to (although I have doubts)

1. dev site is ready
2. close live site
3. apply sql patch on live db (make sure you do have a backup of it before doing this)
4. run the patch_post.php which does all these "converting...." after sql patch is applied - maybe copy the file to store root and run it - yourdomain.com/patch_post.php - maybe it will work and finish the db upgrade as a standalone file - so there is no need to upgrade the whole store

This will still require a little bit more time than just applying the sql patch but a lot less time than running a whole 4.5.x upgrade

If this doesn't work for right now I do not see another way but to run a complete upgrade on the live site just to correctly patch the db