View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 03:37 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: X-cart Speed Booster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
How this mod differs from the old (still included in XC) html catalog? The html catalog generates static html pages which have to be re-generated on every change. This mod uses cached pages, again static, which have to be re-generated again when there is a change... or to refresh contents, quantity, etc.

With the html catalog the whole site is static html site and when customer gets to cart it turns dynamic.

Does this mod works the same way or only some parts are static? Seems to me it does work the same way or very similar.

Or am I understanding how the mod works wrong?

I'd say it's quite different in that you can have dynamic pieces in the cache. This makes it much more flexible to work with your needs by combining static and dynamic pieces. It's methods in creating these cache pages is totally different from the HTML catalog. You do not use the files directly like you do with the HTML catalog.

It's also different in that you can use things like CDSEO or it's own SEO friendly URL's without using the HTML catalog way which isn't ideal. You can even set the URL's for even more ideal SEO.

It's more like how the big eCommerce websites do things. You could even extend this into load balancing if you wanted to.

It's pretty slick too in that there is just an edit to your .htaccess and an SQL patch. That's it. No X-cart code edits. Some optional features my have code edits (that we are talking about above) but the main program has none.

Does that help?

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!