View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 03:05 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Refine Filters module released

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDISON
>>> PRODUCT LOGIC ISSUE 1

1) I created a product class named ProductType.
2) ProductType class has only one option called Type. For this option type is [Multiple option selector]. Variants in total are 50 (stove, tent, canister, mug, ...).

3) I have a category named Camping which has 25 products.
4) For these products I have to allocate a filter class, the one created above ProductType.

5) Inside this category I will select for those 25 products only 5 variants in different combinations to be used.

ISSUE: As it is now, in Front-End Refine Filters module will show in category Camping all ProductType variants, 50 as number, instead only those 5 variants I used.

For the moment RF shows them and it is space content consuming and also stupid as behavior to show them when they are not assigned. Those 45 variants which are not assigned to products in the current category shouldn't be listed in module box. Even these variants are in gray color! JUST HIDE THEM because they are not available in current category!

Example:
- ProductType class - with 1 option. This option has 50 variants
- Category X with 25 products, only 5 variants from that option will be used.
- RefineFilter shows the other 45 unused variants in Front-End.

Thank you for revealing the bug. We've fixed it and uploaded new module packages to the File Area. Feel free to download and use it.