View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 08:27 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Rich Google Search Results module released

followup...

I contacted Alexander and he had Danila solve this. There were defects in the Books and Magazine skin files. We can disregard the fix in post #69 now -- there were minor structural changes in how the templates were called from the Books and Magazine skin files and some template calls were added/removed.

I guess I was the first Books and Magazine skin based site to buy this module.
I guess nobody tested this mod with Books and Magazine skin.

That's a few hours I will never get back.

I'm happy the module was fixed for Books and Magazine skin.
I'm not happy I had to be the one to discover it.

As for the public flogging of the installer script: I stand by my opinion. A script that only offers success or abort with no option to fix what's broken is an ineffective script and I'd rather have a bunch of files with manual instructions before an all or nothing script that doesn't work if one line of template code is moved.

Let's see if Google indexes my site soon.

The module's docs (lack of) discussion of Customer Reviews vs. ACR (omission of ACR) needs to be addressed. Danila told me that ACR already has all the hooks in place. SO this means that all file edits to Customer Review module are moot. And the config checkbox settings also appear to be meaningless if you have ACR. Hopefully the dev team for this module will make these fixes.