View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 06:51 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: BCSE Reward Points - Strategy and Implementation discussion

SO --- 4 years later...

Many concepts discussed here still work or needed some tweaks -- but there are some fundamental differences in 4.5.4 goldplus.

I have the new files from BCSE. basic points system is working great. Allowing the cust and admin to view points history is a needed feature. I did a zillion template edits. Loving it. Customers are happy.

Now, I am just getting to integrating the referral mod. I have 4 immediate issues:

1. login redirect issue(s) with crp_referral.php

On page: /crp_referral.php
a) A customer who is not logged in is given the opportunity to login (good)
b) Upon successful login, customer is redirected to /register.php?mode=update (not good)

IF a customer logs in from /crp_referral.php, they MUST be returned to /crp_referral.php

Anyone have an idea how to do this? It's obviously an edit to /include/register.php
But I am not good enough with php to figure this out.

Carrie? For version 4.5.4 gold plus, how do we tell /include/register.php:
if customer logged in from crp_referral.php, then redirect back to crp_referral.php ?

2. Additionally, we will add a link for a new customer registration on page:

/skin/common_files/modules/BCSE_Reward_Points/crp_referral_cust.tpl

SO if a customer comes to "refer a friend" - they will have the option to either login (and redirect back to the referral page), or register. Can we automate the return to crp_referral.php after a new registration? Is php smart enough to know that a new customer started on page: crp_referral.php, and once they submit their registration info, to redirect them back to where they came from? If so, I WANT TO DO THAT TOO!

3. How to integrate the stock "tell-a-friend" tab into BCSE referral.

My issue here is that the stock tell-a-friend is product specific, but BCSE referral is a global, "I like this store".

What makes this tricky: BCSE referral requires registration, but tell-a-friend tab does not. If we simply "link" the tell-a-friend tab to crp_referral.php, we take the customer away from the product page. This is less than ideal. BUT on the other hand, this give us an opportunity to encourage registration, give the customer points, engage them on a higher level.

Is there a way to preserve the product page and add the product page link to the outgoing tell-a-friend message? In a way, this is related to #2, and also #4 below... ?

I have no way of knowing if my customers use the tell-a-friend tab feature. I guess it will be in the raw server logs, right?

4. crp_referral "message" -- does not work in the new version.

The input field: <textarea name="message" class="bcse_message"></textarea> is supposed to be included in skin/common_files/mail/html/crp_referral.tpl -- but the message field is not getting to the template. Is there something missing from /common_files/modules/BCSE_Reward_Points/crp_referral_cust.tpl

that is preventing the "message" from getting to the mail template?

--------------

I know this is a lot of stuff, but tell-a-friend points is an important part of social networking -- we already have facebook integration -- this is how we monetize the facebook likes - but if it's too complicated for the customer, it's useless.

If anyone has lived through this, please share?

Thanks,

Jeremy