View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:30 PM

Default Re: X-Cart v4 licensing and it's reusing in new businesses

Surly, things were lost in the translations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xim
However, it became common practice that a license is purchased for one business (selling books, for example), then in one year the books store closes and merchant decides to sell clothes (and he still uses the same license). And then he can close this business and re-sell the license to someone else. The new merchant downloads the newest software version and starts new business. All these based on one license.

What if I sell books and add a few T-shirts. I'm I a book store or clothing store. Then, the T-shirts out sells the books. Or I turn off the book categories? Or add coffee! What I▓m I!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xim
As a result our company provides software, new features and updates for these new customers for free. This point harms for the platform development and evolution. We believe that it▓s not a fair play, since we have done a lot of improvements last year and are planning to do more. We have no control over this point yet, but we plan to fix this omission.

These "new" customer are mine, NOT XC. XC does not bring me any customers.

I purchased a shopping cart, not any products to add. My business plan is none of your business, nor did you ask for one. I sell products and you sell a tool. Let not confuse the roles.

Paying for license transfers and Major upgrades is understandable.