X-Guru

Default Re: X-Cart v4.5.4 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
Add To Cart Popup - "Buy Now" upsell product adds to cart instead of redirect
https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/view.php?id=42319
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky
I have to disagree with you on this one. Add to Cart Pop-Up was aimed to ease the process and when a customer clicks on Add to Cart in pop-up window he expects the item to be added to the cart instantly. Whereas, you want to redirect him to the product details page (unexpected behaviour).
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpeperdiem
This is standard behavior for xcart since 4.1.x -- this is not the time to remove this. Does everyone agree?
I tend to agree with both of you. Add to cart in the popup is intended as a quick up-sell feature, I think it is a great feature for impulse buying.

However, there are many instances where the merchant needs to control the selections that the customer makes as Jeremy states.

I can think of several solutions to this problem. A simple one would be to change the button text to "See Details" on products that have options, then the redirect to product page would be expected. Another is to exclude products with options from the popup.

The best solution in my opinion would be to include the options right on the page. I know this adds significantly to the overhead, but it seems like it would solve the problem perfectly.

I think pushing the options out to the category pages, and other product lists, is a good idea in general. At least it could be an option in the admin. I know the code exists for allowing product options in the product lists, I have coded a solution for this in the past for a client.

The fact is that X-cart is a complex beast, there are always situations that would be perfect for one merchant, terrible for another. QT has to walk the fine line of trying to please everybody, and they do it remarkably well.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.