View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 09:48 AM

eXpert

Default Re: X-Cart v4.5.2 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillsybte
I'm having an issue with certain AJAX items and I can't figure out what is going wrong. I installed 4.5.2 Gold a few weeks ago and began testing and customizing. The Add-to-Cart popup worked fine upon initial installation. I made changes in the admin area (settings, turning modules on/off) and some file and template changes (NO changes to any JavaScript/AJAX files). Then I noticed that the thumbnail generation function would not work. I would click Generate Thumbnail and the loading graphic would show indefinitely, but no thumbnail. On the customer side, the Add-to-Cart popup no longer worked. When I clicked Add to Cart, the button disappeared and the word Error appeared. After a few seconds, the entire page reloaded and the item was in the cart. In addition, the minicart would show up, but if I tried to delete an item via the red X, the loading graphic would appear indefinitely and nothing would happen.

Since no one from QT could be bothered to respond to me regarding this issue, I performed my own investigation and there does indeed appear to be a bug.

I performed another clean install in a new directory. I began making changes in the General Settings>General area one-by-one. After each change I checked the various popup- and AJAX-related functions that I've had trouble with (Add-to-Cart popup, the popup generated when trying to browse for Featured products to add, the thumbnail generator, estimated shipping popup, etc.). I worked my way down to the "Do not log changes in PHP configuration settings" under "Optimization settings" and Voila! My problem returned.

This option is ON by default, but I had turned it off because it is recommended ON for production mode and I'm in development mode. However, unchecking that box causes all functions listed above not to work. Re-check that box and all is well (in both the new install and in my customized store). I'm not sure what difference that setting really makes whether it's on or off, but having it ON appears to be necessary if you want your popup, etc. functions to work properly.
BCSE Customer Review Management Mod
BCSE Catalog Order Form Mod
X-Cart Gold 4.5.2 (Building/Testing)
USA