View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 05:09 AM

X-Man

Default Re: X-Cart 4.5.0 (ex 4.4.6) is available for beta testing

It seems Ecwid and LC3 are promoting new features. XC4 is left behind, especially in design and features. Personally I prefer no new themes, but more "must have" small features. These 2 new themes did not impress me at all.

Images sell, that's why sites with attractive design and images are having good traffic. In the past there was a great module for Detailed Product Images, made by TelaFirma. Unfortunately he disappeared. That was a great mod for dealing with images.

Another thing I don't like XC renaming my uploaded images. For example, the poor results for thumbnails and product images resized by XC made me find a way to replace those images in one step - directly in images folder. Replacing them with good resized images made by me. For the moment I cannot do this, XC is renaming images with numbers, not leaving intact the original image name to make my life easier.

In 4.5.0 beta I see you didn't find a solution to fill that large gap in the source code, when CSS/JS Speed Tool is not used. In fact when I look over the source code I don't like how it is formated/arranged.

For the new versions I would like you take in consideration advices coming from the community. Not only asking us to grab the code for bugs. I am pretty sure you did not see what we saw in those years. I want to see XC improved because LC3 is far away being consider a switch from XC to a new modern cart. Who knows how many years it will take to see it close as functionality and feature with popular free open source carts.
OS in use: Red Hat Enterprise, Fedora, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Kali Linux
Ideas for Server configuration (basicaly): Nginx/Pound (reverse proxy), Apache/Nginx (webserver), Squid/Varnish (cache server), HHVM or (PHP-FPM + PHP 5.6 + opcache), MariaDB/Percona MySQL Server, Redis (storing sessions)

You can catch my ideas here: http://ideas.x-cart.com