View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 09:53 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: FacebookTab v1.1.0 has been released

Quote:
Originally Posted by josebueso
Hi Xin

I have issues with facebook tab the like button is not showing in products.
I opened a ticket in helpdesk but it has not been address because I don have points.
Very dishappointed have to pay for a buggy software and than have to pay to fix the bugs. http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Uncion-Music-Librerias-Cristianas/192606204096372?sk=app_136267806421194

Saul
Saul,
It is a common misconception that you have to pay to get a bug fixed. Well, I understand that it is a great way to force the team to make something: "They charge to get the bugs fixed! Burn the witch!", however the facts are different.

If a trouble turns out to be a bug, no points will be deducted and a bug fixing patch will be provided for free.

In your particular case QT's support team doesn't ask you to pay to investigate a problem and provide a patch. Not at all.
Your support balance is negative, that's the reason. It means that the support team made some work for you and this work isn't paid yet. Until it is paid, no new work will be done.

So, you aren't asked to pay for a bug fixing patch. You're asked to pay for the previous tasks. And I believe that it is more than fair not to do new tasks till the old ones are paid.

As for "buggy software", it is always important to remember that the "FB tab" module actually consists of three different parts: (1) your X-Cart store, (2) the module which sends the products to FB, (3) Facebook which displays these products. So if even one part doesn't work properly, the whole system will not too. It actually means that even if the FB module works properly, but Facebook releases some new untested feature (they love to do this), your FB store may become unstable.

ex-Head of X-Cart Tech Support Department
ex- X-Cart Hosting Manager - X-Cart hosting
ex-X-Cart Technical Support Engineer

Note: For the official guaranteed tech support services please turn to the Customers HelpDesk.