View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 09:43 AM

eXpert

Default Displaying "item" or "items" in minicart

Hi, I'm trying to edit the language variable
lbl_cart_X_items_total

which I believe displays "item(s)" in the minicart, so that it displays "item" for one item, and "items" for more than one item.

Currently the language variable is:

<span class="minicart-items-value">{{x}}</span>&nbsp;<span class="minicart-items-label">item(s)</span>&nbsp;<span class="minicart-items-delim">/</span>&nbsp;<span class="minicart-items-total help-link" onmouseover="javascript: viewTooltip(this, txt_minicart_total_note);">{{total}}</span>

and I have used something similar to achieve this effect in another site, on the subcategory page, like this:

<td class="P_Count">{if $config.Appearance.count_products eq "Y"}{if $subcat.product_count}{ $subcat.product_count } {$lng.lbl_product}{if $subcat.product_count > 1}s{/if}

so I wondered if anybody knew what smarty parameter (sorry if that's the wrong word) I would use instead of
&subcat.product_count
(which I know is nothing to do with what I want!)

I would then just use something like
item{if $subcat.product_count > 1}s{/if}

instead of

item(s)

in the language variable shown above. (Obviously with the correct Smarty parameter!)
If you could also explain how I find out what Smarty parameter is being used, that would be a great help, so that I can try to find it out for myself next time.