View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 08:07 AM

Default Re: X-Cart and PCI-DSS / PA-DSS compliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritSteve
I think the problem with redirecting or using an iframe is that xcart doesn't feed back the transaction result or the details to the cart. If this is the case, you would have to log in to the gateway, look for the result and either approve or decline the order.

Would be nice to get some clarification from xcart as to whether they support these methods.

Steve

Wait a minute - I thought X-Cart supported redirection to a gateway... is that not the case? If so, isn't an I-Frame is just showing this redirected page in a different way (as a window inside of the existing checkout page) - and (still if so), why would X-Cart need to operate any differently in how it physically processes the transaction?

If X-Cart supports the redirect gateway method at all, this seems like a reasonable solution to consider. I'm surprised there aren't more people talking about this.

Is this how X-Payments is going to work?? After all, isn't X-Payments essentially supposed to function as a 3rd party gateway, except somehow appear seamless? If so, how is it going to achieve it's seamless look...?