View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 09:05 AM

Default Re: X-Cart 4.3 released

I entered "phpmyadmin" and created a new database, calling it "xcart2" then I copyed the original database to the new "xcart2" ran the SQL patch on the copy, and except for one error, that I had to edit the patch, and remove that line (duplicate input) the patch completed successfully.

I then made a copy of my Store, and put it in a new folder (xcart2), and tryed to do the install on it. I set it to update the "config.php" only, and set everything for the new database, and new folder, and set it to do a "new install" but the install.php would not run, because it said the Install Key was invalid. I copied and pasted out of my original store CP, but it still said it was invalid.

So I deleted the copy of the store, and copied the new install files to the new folder (xcart2) and ran the install with the Copied Database. Everything installed fine. I then went in to my ACP and checked all settings to make sure they were right.

Now My question.

Can I just copy this new install over the original store files to do the update?

One other question while I'm on the subject.

I have a large egoods database, and also image folder. I have noticed that on every update or new install if I leave these two folders in place when the install or upgrade gets to the Creating "Site Fingerprint" it hangs up. but if I remove those two folders then it completes fine. Is this normal?

Michael
CDSEOPro 1.8.8 xCMS 1.31 Easyupsale 2.3