View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 03:30 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: X-Cart and PCI-DSS / PA-DSS compliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorer
When a customer places an order and chooses a payment gateway handled by X-Payments, he will be redirected to a payment page hosted by X-Payments.

Uh, adding a 3rd party to the transaction? And what makes this safer for the data?

Sorry, but we invested substantially in getting our server PCI approved. I will imagine that as soon as a 3rd party is introduced to the payment gateway chain, all of our hardening will be for not.

And based on the reliability of x-cart hosting, I wouldn't trust my payment processing to you guys at this time. First Data (sales of more than $10 BILLION) has a hard enough time keeping their servers up 24/7, how can we be assured that your servers for x-payments will always work, no down time, ever, and have redundancy and fast processing worldwide, all the time. How many transactions can x-payments handle per second? Are you running the servers from multiple data centers, with load balancing and redundancy? Will you have 2 or 3 live backups that will kick in in case of failure? On multiple networks? Geez...

I KNOW that you are not trying to be a payment gateway, but by design, you will be JUST AS CRITICAL to the transaction as the gateway.

Sorry, but you can count me out.