View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 12:59 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: $cat.category..........desc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Replace this
Code:
$to_search .= ",IF(($sql_tbl[categories_lng].category IS NOT NULL AND $sql_tbl[categories_lng].category != ''), $sql_tbl[categories_lng].category, $sql_tbl[categories].category) as category, IF(($sql_tbl[categories_lng].description IS NOT NULL AND $sql_tbl[categories_lng].description != ''), $sql_tbl[categories_lng].description, $sql_tbl[categories].description) as description, $sql_tbl[categories].category as category_name_orig";
with this
Code:
$to_search .= ",IF(($sql_tbl[categories_lng].category IS NOT NULL AND $sql_tbl[categories_lng].category != ''), $sql_tbl[categories_lng].category, $sql_tbl[categories].category) as category, IF(($sql_tbl[categories_lng].description IS NOT NULL AND $sql_tbl[categories_lng].description != ''), $sql_tbl[categories_lng].description, $sql_tbl[categories].description) as description, $sql_tbl[categories].category as category_name_orig, $sql_tbl[categories].description as category_descr";
and then in the template call it like this $current_category.category_descr or $category.category_descr or $cat.category_descr and see what happens

DER PROGRESS!

Ok, it may not be success, but it's definitely very cool

I tried these three to no avail
$current_category.category_descr
$category.category_descr
$cat.category_descr

But then I realized, that "cat" was the item holding the description.

So I tried
{$cat.category.category_descr}

What you did must have worked somewhat. It loads "something"

http://frozeninksecret.com/tmp/que.gif

Some coincidences... There are 14 Categories that it loads, and fourteen 14 Images.

Whatever {$cat.category.category_descr} pulls is 14 Characters. So what I'm thinking is that it's pulling one letter of something from the DB.

Version
X-Cart 4.1.108

Add-ons
X-AOM (Advanced Order Management)
Ad / Banner X-cart Mod (BCSE)
DSEFU
Dynamic Image Mod
Pre-login Shipping Calculator
Power Filter
Contact Us Form
Shipping Carrier Mod
Submit Button

Send me a message, I can talk about anything.