View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 11:18 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: $cat.category..........desc?

Der Find

So I went into *.*/include/func/func.category.php

Unfortunately, there is no func_get_category_data($cat)
However I did find func_get_category_parents down below

Code:
function func_get_category_parents($categoryid) { global $sql_tbl; if (!is_array($categoryid)) $categoryid = array($categoryid); $res = db_query("SELECT categoryid_path FROM $sql_tbl[categories] WHERE categoryid IN ('".implode("','", $categoryid)."')"); if (!$res) return false; $cats = array(); while ($c = db_fetch_row($res)) { $cats = array_unique(func_array_merge($cats, explode("/", array_pop($c)))); } db_free_result($res); return $cats; }

I created a Test Variable to try and find where in the Database they placed the Descriptions in hopes of finding it. I'm not sure if this will help, but I figured it points to the location of where the descriptions are.

Code:
INSERT INTO xcart_categories_lng VALUES ('US', 167, 'Door Closers', 'test 03'); INSERT INTO xcart_categories VALUES (167, 0, '167', 'Door Closers', 'test 03', '', 'Y', 347, 0, 3, 66, '');

Test 03 is where the information was placed.

---

Is there someway that I could develop the functionality for xcart to get the information from where the description would be, if I copied the code for where it gets categoryid, and point it to where test 03 currently is?

Version
X-Cart 4.1.108

Add-ons
X-AOM (Advanced Order Management)
Ad / Banner X-cart Mod (BCSE)
DSEFU
Dynamic Image Mod
Pre-login Shipping Calculator
Power Filter
Contact Us Form
Shipping Carrier Mod
Submit Button

Send me a message, I can talk about anything.