View Single Post
Old 10-30-2003, 03:08 AM

X-Man

That's all fine and dandy, but who wants to keep paying for a mod to keep it up to date? The idea is for X-Cart to pay to develop it's software, not it's user base.

Especially I am assuming that the Module is going to be similar in pricing structure to the other "add-ons" currently available. That's another licence fee for each of the bridal registry users after they already paid to develop the product. At the very least they should get the upgrades for free.

My understanding was that Lite Ecommerce was going to be modular based and X-Cart would be a full-featured e-commerce system.

I think all of the improvements are great but it is hard to see this as anything but a cash grab. Just like X-configurator. which should honestly be a part of the core software. X-Cart is great because it is affordable and the feature set is great. If you have to buy the software and then add 1 and 1 half times the base price to get the functions of all of the modules, then that is starting to get a little silly.

Raise the X-Cart licence price and add some of these features back in.

Just my 2 cents but this has made me wary of who does my development and what they can do with mods I fund.