View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 04:19 AM

X-Man

Default Re: The future of X-Cart and LiteCommerce

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorer
You don't need to migrate to the new platform. Moreover, if your X-Cart store is working and generating sales I would recommend you to stay with it.

If you decide to switch to the new platform, we will provide you with a script importing data and settings (that apply) from X-Cart 4.3 and LiteCommerce 2.2. However, most likely, there will be no such a script for templates and custom mods.

Such a tool importing data and settings (that apply) from LiteCommerce 2.2 will be available starting from X-Cart 4.3.

Ok, this is extremely confusing to me. Presently, most x-cart users are somewhere in the 4.1.x range, yet you say "a script importing data and settings" will be available from 4.3.

Does this mean that the majority of x-cart users will have to upgrade to the (sorry, its still not stable) 4.2, and then upgrade again to the "unreleased" 4.3 before they can use the new (5) version?

I don't understand why you would even contemplate a 4.3 version if it is going to be obsolete in 6 months. What is the point?

Ideally, any present customer should be able to upgrade to the 5 version regardless of which version they are presently using. I understand that this is probably not possible, but for every upgrade "hoop" you are forcing customers to jump through you are going to lose a significant number. Isn't there someway that you can make "upgrade" scripts from at least the most current versions of each branch (4.0.19, 4.1.11, 4.2.0)?
Integrated with Stone Edge Order Manager + POS

Version 4.1.12 Gold (fresh install) - X-AOM - Linux
Mods - XCSEO free