View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 09:05 AM

Default Re: help with if then statment for detailed description

HI Ashley,

Don't kid yourself you were a big help to me.
I just pasted the code and solution in the completed mods section.
"how to add a button to the detailed description box"

I am using this for a site that sells dog accessories. One of the things they sell are dog coats. The owner has a lot of returns due to measuring the dog incorrectly.
To solve this problem they made an embedded page and that tells how to measure their dog to get the correct fit.
The previous person working on this site then added a button that appeared on every page of the site . Whether you were buying a dog toy, or t shirt the button appeared that took you to the how to measure your dog for the dog coat page.
Obviously this was not a good solution because if someone was buying something other than a dog coat there was really no need for the button to be there.
Adding this page lets the button appear only on the pages that have been assigned by the POS set in the category admin section.
I know I could of added a link to each particular page manually but that would be a pain in the but. I also saw scripts that allowed something like this to happen through the use of a pop up but was not sure that was a good solution here. ( then I would have to ask the potential customer to enable pop ups which they may or may not know how to do)
Anyway this works like a charm.
This site is under construction on a private ( closed ) server right now. If you want to see how it works I can PM you a link with a user name and password to see it

Hope you find this useful too.

Best

Scott V
aka
fotodog13