View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 04:40 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: X-Cart 4.2 beta testing

Please also keep in mind that usually a new branch of X-cart takes a while before it gets stable and before it is recommended to be used for live sites. Over 6 years of us working with X-cart, it usually takes about 6-9 months before they were considered stable. We saw many clients insist on jumping into 4.1.x and got burnt because of the initial bugs. So please do a lot of testing on the new version before you decide if you want to go live with the new branch of software. We though usually recommend waiting about 6 months atleast.

For example, with 4.0.x, if my memory serves me right, it was 4.0.12 that was the first to be considered "stable" in that branch. So it took 12 revisions. And for 4.1.x it was 4.1.9 that was considered "stable" by x-cart.

Just keep this in mind. I see a lot of people really exited and want to make sure everyone knows that it may not be ready for live sites right away. Nothing against X-cart or anything like that. It's just a fact of any new branch of software. It takes a bit for bugs to get worked out and for the developers to consider it stable.

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!