View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 02:21 PM

Default Re: common if/then modifications I make to x-cart...

Hi All,

I am working on a x-cart v. 4.19 and the customer wants to have paid membership without having to manually assign customers to membership level. He has 3 levels active: Silver, Gold, and Platinum. The wholesale is not active but is still there.

Obviously, I can have the select memebrship level if I enable sign up for membership, but that would display all the levels. So if they chose to buy a silver level they could pick platinum at that stage. More manual work which is not wanted.

What I can come up with in theory is this:

1. The membership level selector has to be active, but hidden and selected by the product id in cart. Something like this:

if productid in cart is equal to "Silver" then the hidden select membership box = to silver.
if I could get that type of code even to work, would that automatically assign in the admin that user to that level?

Then on repeat orders that code would have to be inapplicable to platinum members with putting if product id is upgrade to Gold or Upgrade to platinum then hidden selector is = to gold or platinum {else} {if $login eq ""}comment out code {/if}

If that would even work, would that cause error in that since sign up for membership is enabled, would the cart be looking for that code?

To complicate things even further he has the customer loyalty points mod by bce and wants those points to be automatically credited to that new member on that purchase.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Chris