View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 01:33 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: X-Cart 4.2 beta testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joakim
Yes but I think there is no such problem as to asign a product to several categories of your choise, no matter the membership connection. The problem is that you cannot asign a customer to more then1 group which I think is a major issue and weakness of X-cart. I don't see that it would be a major thing to do with user memberships as with product, category and discout memberships - give it its own table and allow for customers to be both in the "hidden sex" and "Religous stuff" groups. Just to give an extrem example that custoers interest can be "devided". Bottom line is that if I put a customer in the "hidden sex" group to give him access, he's excluded from everything else that isn't 'All' - which I think is really stupid.

I see your point and agree that member groups could be a cool feature.

One of my problems with the current member setup is that you cannot select multiple memberships in such a way as to allow non logged in to see a category but once a member level is logged in they can no longer see that category.

Say I have a clearance category.

With these memberlevels for my store.
Premier
Wholesale

I don't want wholesale to have access to the clearance section when they are logged in.

Right now I do this by manually creating all my side nav links and putting if/else memberlevel code around the clearance link. This is a half a$$ed way to do this as it doesn't handle products put in the cart from that category before login.