View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 11:16 AM

Advanced Member

Wink Re: 3 column layout with thumbnail for Related Products

Thank you very much the code works even for my older version of x-cart:
http://clikinternational.com/store/product.php?productid=106

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWait
On a related note, how can I show 3,and only 3, regardless of how many related items I have?

Here is my related_products.tpl, and it works like a champ (in 4.1.8, but should work in newer versions also) except for the limit I want. What do I change?
Code:
{* $Id: related_products.tpl,v 1.15 2005/12/07 14:07:32 max Exp $ *} {if $product_links ne ""} {capture name=dialog} {assign var="tmp" value="0"} {section name=cat_num loop=$product_links} {if $product_links[cat_num].productid}{assign var="tmp" value="1"}{/if} {/section} {section name=cat_num loop=$product_links} { if %cat_num.first% } <table border="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tr> {/if} {if $smarty.section.cat_num.index is div by 3} </tr><tr valign="top"> {/if} <td width=33% align=center valign=top class="PListCell";> <a href="product.php?productid={ $product_links[cat_num].productid }" class="ItemsList" {if $config.Modules.upselling_new_window eq 'Y'} target="_blank"{/if}>{$product_links[cat_num].product}</a> <br /> <a href="product.php?productid={ $product_links[cat_num].productid }"> {include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$product_links[cat_num].productid image_x=$config.Appearance.thumbnail_width product=$product_links[cat_num].product type="T"}</a> <br /> <font class="ProductPrice">{$lng.lbl_our_price}: {include file="currency.tpl" value=$product_links[cat_num].price}</font> </td> { if %cat_num.last% } </tr></table> {/if} {/section} {/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title="Related products" content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra="width=100%"} {/if}

BTW, to the person that wanted the price to be linked, just replicate the links to the "title" and the image. I just chose not to do that.
Code:
<a href="product.php?productid={ $product_links[cat_num].productid }">{$lng.lbl_our_price}: {include file="currency.tpl" value=$product_links[cat_num].price}</a>
MySQL server: 5.5.56-MariaDB