View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 07:16 PM

eXpert

Default Re: Abandon Shopping Cart Mod

hmm...i'm an idiot. i totally missed the second post which corrected everything in the original file. so i deleted my original post and kept the second.

carpeperdiem, i totally understand what you're saying. if i get negative feedback or if sales decrease thereafter, i can always disable it.

i also think it depends on your business. for most of my customers, i find that they really do need additional help. the only time i ever truly get creeped out when shopping online is when a site has a live chat feature and that keeps popping up or if i'm shopping and an operator invites me to chat. i think with this, given there is a discount code associated with the email, it's less...aggressive but i shall see.

i still cant get the darn thing to work. i cant figure out if i need to execute the cron or what and i couldn't edit the admin/menu.tpl file (even though i replaced the original and don't think i ever edited it in the first place). so i'm not sure if there's a link that needs to be in the admin menu that makes this thing work. can the originator reply please? what should be in admin/menu.tpl?