View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 08:41 AM

Default Re: MagneticOne Store Manager -- anyone got it?

Hi there , just noticed this thread and thought I would throw in my two penny worth.

Your hosting company is quite correct in not allowing external access to you SQL Databases this is a security feature. Howerver the Xcart manager is able to tunnel through SSH in order to access the SQL server. This is very reliable and combined with proper firewall rules in place very secure.

If you are running this in a shared environment, I would suggest that you get this moved to a dedicated server or at the very least a server specifically setup for xcart stores. Sorry but in my experience most shared hosting restrict you too much to be able to build a successfull store based on xcart.

We have built many stores all based on xcart with some pretty amazing results and stores turning over between ё200k - ё300k with a couple of stores now turning over more than ё1Million a year.

to be frank we could not do this in a shared environment and could not have done it without the Magnetic One Store manager. This is one MUST HAVE product if your serious about building an online store.

dedicated hosting these days is very cheap, if your serious about bulding an ecommerce store then take the plunge - you wont regret it.

Marc
Inkntoner.co.uk - 4.1.8 / 4.7
ROK Universal 4.3
Displaysense - 4.2
Xcart Ver: 4.7.3