View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: BCS global product option module

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom B
Hi there,
does any one know or even better is there anyone here from BCS that can tell me about the Global Product Options mod available for sale from BCS.

The reason I need global product options is that my catalogue with all its product types and option combinations has some 46000 products/price variations so with a picture for each option on each product to show the variant the database would be 7GB. Clearly my server won't take that and the store would be monumentally slow even if it could.

What I need to know is, does the Global product options add on, really make, perhaps just 20 options global , and there are only 20 pictures in the option gallery, and only add the picture and or price modifier when it is selected during a customer shopping.

Or does the Global production option just present admin with a way of applying options globally but when you apply them all it really does is to enter the several thousand database entries automaticially for you via the normal hardwork xcart product managment way, effectively doing the legwork of still creating the huge product list. I.e there are still many duplicates and the database is unmanagably large, but you just see the options through a window that makes you think that only 20 option entries exist, whereas in reality it has behind the scenes created 40000 or so entries.

Any ideas

Many thanks

This and alot of simular functionality present in Store Manager for X-Cart by MagneticOne - www.xcart-manager.com
It was designed especially for merchants with large stores.