View Single Post
Old 07-08-2003, 01:55 PM

X-Man

Just my two cents.

I think Invincible is entitled to charge for this. I know that Shan and Funky and Boomer help out a lot and help build a community that will also use their services. I think that is smart business. I'm not a developer however if I did develop or pay to develop a mod, I would expect to be able to resell it. That's called business... Time and effort are equal to money.

The only person(s) who really gain a massive advantage from forum participation are the X-Cart Developers who have what I would imagine to be 90% of their support issues answered here.

Guys, if you want free mods, then you had better be prepared to do some research and find them on this board. I modded my print and html displayed invoices by researching 5 different posts on this board. It takes time. If you are not up to it, then go pay someone to do the work for you. Don't look for handouts. Ask the Development Team why they didn't include it because IMHO they are the only entity required to give you free X-Cart functionality.

Invincible, good on ya. I love how we can buy the service from your store. If your work for others is of the same quality that you did for yourself, then it is a cheap and essential mod for anyone looking to add some professional presentation to their store.

Oh yeah, and he did include a free download of the mod. He's charging for his time to implement it.

'Nuff said.