View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 06:26 AM

Default Re: XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlangevin

rmoore, out of curiousity, did you install this mod on 4.1.3? If so, cool, as I only wrote documentation for 4.1.7

One thing you might want to doublecheck, is the Froogle enhancement, as the code for the froogle enhancement has changed on X-cart's end several times in the 4.1.x series

Yes installed it in 4.1.3 with no issues....

After reading and reading and reading last night and this morning..

Seems we are facing with a double edge sword here.

GoogleBot does not like redirects at all, not saying they will not index your redirected pages, but you will not get the ranking points that you would have using non redirected pages.

That's why Google still has spammer pages indexed, but those spammer pages you rarely see on top and they are WAY back in the returns...

Now flip the sword over, and GoogleBot also does not like dynamic urls and again not saying you won't get great ranking using dynamic urls, but I'm sure you would get a better rank if you used static html urls.

My problem is that the website I'm dealing with has been around for a while and have OK rank in Google, Yahoo, and MSN (Microsoft Live ). So really I'm looking at this double edge sord and wondering what side of the blade is going to hurt me the most....

Also, I really do not know about DSEFU. I thought it was like the XC SEO where it just rewrites the url and redirects to that rewrote url.

Of course I do not want to hijack this thread with SEO talk, but sure would like to get your guys/gals thoughts on this issue.

X-Cart version 4.1.3
PHP 5.2.0
MySQL server 4.1.12
Web server Apache
OS Linux