View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 04:31 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

I'm a bit confused here (thought this was completely working -- maybe I was mistaken).

I have this mod installed, and it is working almost everywhere ... here is my problem:

On my home.php page I have dynamically loaded images to products. The href for these images is reloaded through javascript using the getElementById(), e.g.,

eval("document.getElementById('SE_Anchor"+i+"').hr ef = 'product.php?productid=1&sku="+imageNum+"';");

For example, for imageNum=3000, this dynamically reassigns the href to "product.php?productid=1&sku=3000".

If I place this on the page as a hard anchor: <a href="product.php?productid=1&sku=3000">test</a> then it correctly gets translated to: http://www.miniature-giant.com/kyra-and-lavarath-Reaper-sku-3000-Dark-Heaven-Legends-DHL-pr-1020.html
But if I dynamically reassign the href (as above), then:
1) in the status bar, it shows the "product.php?productid=1&sku=3000" link
2) if clicked, in the address bar, it shows the html version (shown above).

Is this a problem for the spiders? I mean, will I not get credit for the link as an html link on the home page? Will the spiders count it somehow as duplicate content (since two "links" resolve to the same content, i.e., the php & the html urls)?

I "thought" that the status bar was showing the html link for these dynamic links yesterday -- maybe not, been a very long, um, 6 months.

Thanks for any insights,
James