Thread: Newest Products
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallRomania
Just one more question: how to NOT show new products in other pages than home.php? I mean, I don't want to display products in categories..or if i display something should be new products from that category, if are not any new products in category, just show "no products" message..hope you understand me...
Well as I said before it is engineered so if in a specific category and there are no items it then does a global search. However, if both these methods return empty then you will notice in skin1\modules\Newitems\newitems.tp at the top you get
Code:
{if $newitems and $active_modules.Newitems}
If you really want to show the block even when no items you need to chage this to:
Code:
{if $active_modules.Newitems} {if $newitems}
and the last
Code:
{if} ***At the bottom Replace with*** {elseif}Sorry No new items :( {/if} {/if}
I prefer no block when no items otherwise can draw attention to little or no new stock!

To not show the block on all pages simply remove if from the skin1/customer/home.tpl and place it where required. On interstellar its in skin1/customer/main/welcome.tpl. Other places like skin1/customer/main/subcategories.tpl is also a useable place.

Thats all I can tell you - I'm sure you can follow the tpl logic of where you want things - so happy modding