View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 03:15 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: Managing Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherie
How about managing options for multiple products? I just tried adding an option for more than one product. It had six products in my list of products I am modifying at once and the new option only added to the first two. I've always had problems duplicating options (modifiers or variants) among multiple products. It would be so nice to be able to setup an option for one product then duplicate it among 100 other similar products.

what happens if you list all the products you want to change in admin...

- choose modify selected
- choose options etc

does this apply the options to them all ?
That way or using "search and modify." It doesn't seem to work if a product already has options or already has the same amount of options. In other words, prod1 has 1 option, add a second option, it gets added to prod2 that has 1 option, but doesn't get added to prod3 that already has 2 options. Not sure if there's a correlation there, just an observation.

It seems it would be best to be able to create one option, then attach that one option to multiple products. Later the price for one option item can be updated without having to modify each products' options.

It would also be nice to optionally show the price in the variant menu the customer chooses from.

In a nutshell, it's really difficult to manage product options for lots of products.