X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   USPS having issues with their API (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=67170)

rocky 06-20-2013 07:51 AM

USPS having issues with their API

Hi everyone,

USPS having issues with their API.

USPS (shipping service provider) is having problems with their API which X-Cart uses to get automatic ⌠USPS■ shipping rates.

The issue affects those merchants who use carrier-calculated shipping rates from USPS: USPS servers may fail to return shipping rates and your customers may receive an error ▒We do not ship to this location▓, or USPS shipping method will not be offered on checkout.

While this problem exist, you can consider to disable USPS method temporarily and create custom a shipping method to ensure your customers will receive proper shipping rates.

We have contacted USPS and will try to find out more details. We will keep you posted.

UPDATE June 20, 2013 11:05 AM (UTC):
USPS services are still down. Although USPS company hasn▓t provided any information on the issue yet, people are reporting that USPS site, postage tracking and APIs are down. So, if you use USPS carrier-calculated shipping rates in your stores, they may not work at the moment due to the USPS outage. We highly recommend adding alternative shipping options in your store as described above in order to overcome the problem.

kevinperson 06-20-2013 12:35 PM

Re: USPS having issues with their API

It is possible that it may be fixed; I am getting USPS rates now. You may want to test and confirm.

DreamCatcher 06-20-2013 12:47 PM

its resolving now

kevinperson 06-20-2013 01:42 PM

Apparently NOT working for USPS International!

Can anyone confirm this? I'm getting ziltch for USPS International.

rocky 06-21-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinperson
Apparently NOT working for USPS International!

Can anyone confirm this? I'm getting ziltch for USPS International.

We are currently working on this issue and trying to find out an origin of this issue. We will keep you informed. Please refer to your HelpDesk ticket.

elmirage001 06-21-2013 05:30 AM

For USPS I only use Priority and both Domestic Priority and International Priority are working for me as of 6:30am (Pacific - Los Angeles) time on my live 4.4.5 store.

qualiteam 02-10-2014 03:51 AM

Hello Marij,

Please could you clarify what problem you are experiencing? Is it the USPS issue discussed above. Or do you have problems with the server load (I guess this is why you attached your load stats)?

Thanks

DreamCatcher 02-10-2014 08:07 AM

We are seeing USPS latency issues here, customer fills in checkout form and the real time pricing is significantly delayed or fails all together. We had one come back with a $0 fee for shipping in fact which I've never seen. Something is going on ... anyone else having issues?

tartaglia 02-10-2014 10:24 AM

having same issues here as well. Any news? Can QT help find out what is going on?

Thomasb134 02-10-2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Something is going on ... anyone else having issues?
We are having substantial issues with USPS realtime data delays today. It takes about a minute to add any item to our cart and checkout has the same (or longer) delay. Our sales have dropped to near zero due to this.