X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Changing design (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Editing Static Pages using WYSIWYG - Changes Not Saved (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=63066)

joannet 03-23-2012 05:10 PM

Editing Static Pages using WYSIWYG - Changes Not Saved

A client is using IE8 or IE9 to change text in the static pages using the WYSIWYG editor. After clicking on the Save button, nothing has changed on the static page in admin or on the live website.

Using the default editor is not an option.

Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening. The X-Cart version is 4.1.8.

Thanks

Toora Designs 03-24-2012 08:41 PM

Re: Editing Static Pages using WYSIWYG - Changes Not Saved

Well when I worked on one of my client website who was using XC 4.1.12 and the they had the same problem so they always used Firefox and it worked fine.

IE is weird because they don't follow web standards!

CenturyPerf 03-25-2012 12:32 AM

Make sure you CHMOD settings for the folder and individual file you are trying to edit are set properly to allow editing.

UHS 03-31-2012 12:48 PM

@Joannet: Did you try it yourself with other browsers? I have a client with the same issue. I don't think it's CHMOD settings in my case because it works in some browsers. I was wondering if maybe the wysiwyg needs an update. Problems seem to be in IE9 for my client.

joannet 03-31-2012 03:08 PM

Thanks for your responses.
I use FF and have no problems at all. Don't think it's a permissions issue either.
Have asked the client to swap to FF and am awaiting a reply.
What's the process of updating the WYSIWYG editor?

UHS 03-31-2012 03:24 PM

I've been searching here today. There are instructions to upgrading to fckeditor or ckeditor in the forums here. I'll probably try one out later this week.

X-Graphix 04-29-2012 03:56 PM

I had the same issue ... so the way to fix this is to do the follwoing.

Whenever you are done editing in the WYSIWYG mode ... click the editor back to "Default Editor" ... then save your work. You should have no issues with it saving. I hope this helps!

And By The Way ... you have to change both the Short Description and the Detailed Description back to Default Editor, before you save the work.

andona 07-05-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Graphix
I had the same issue ... so the way to fix this is to do the follwoing.

Whenever you are done editing in the WYSIWYG mode ... click the editor back to "Default Editor" ... then save your work. You should have no issues with it saving. I hope this helps!

And By The Way ... you have to change both the Short Description and the Detailed Description back to Default Editor, before you save the work.

This problem has just arisen for my client. She cannot save any changes in the WYSIWYG editor using IE9 . Unfortunately the link back to the Default editor is also not working.

I was wondering if there is any further update on the WYSIWYG editor for v4.1.12. Or maybe its time for an upgrade!

Andona