X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Changing design (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Shipping Method Drop Down Menu (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=57791)

CowboyTed 01-28-2011 12:05 PM

Shipping Method Drop Down Menu

I am using xcart ver 4.3.0 . Is ther a way to edit the check out area where the customer chooses a shipping method? The drop down automatically shows the UPS shipping choices and despite BOLD letters saying USE THE DROP DOWN for other choices,.... people cannot seem to find it.

What I want to do is just have the drop down say Select a Method instead of having UPS being the selected. Where can I edit this?

Any ideas??

Thanks!

cflsystems 01-28-2011 02:23 PM

Re: Shipping Method Drop Down Menu

You can edit the template that shows the shipping methods and just add another <option> to the <select> and make it selected by default. Which template depends on the checkout you are using - if it's FLC check in modules/Fast_Lane_Checkout/

CowboyTed 01-28-2011 04:00 PM

Thanks for replying,
In the skin1/customer/main/cart_totals.tpl I did do exactly that but had no affect,... I don't believe we are using FLC but I will re-look.
I did look at the modules/Fast_Lane_Checkout/ before. What file would it be??

cflsystems 01-28-2011 07:41 PM

skin1/modules/Fast_Lane_Checkout/shipping_methods.tpl

CowboyTed 01-29-2011 08:10 AM

Thanks Steve,...

That pointed me in the right direction,.... I do have Fast Lane Checkout enabled. To make the changes I needed I had to edit the skin1/main/select_carrier.tpl file. Although I got some of the changes I wanted I still could not get it exactly the way I want it.

I want "no" delivery method showing until the customer actually selects a method. After reading many posts on Google this seems to be a concern of many of the users of xcart and I sure would like to know how to make these changes so I can help others.

John Ling 04-05-2011 11:23 AM

i have similer concern.. i have 2 shipping method in drop down .. even after changing the pos. # UPS comes as default while i want my FLAT RATE come as default any help with this?

globalawakening 05-25-2011 11:35 AM

I'm in the same boat, I want USPS to be the default, not UPS.

JWait 05-28-2011 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
You can edit the template that shows the shipping methods and just add another <option> to the <select> and make it selected by default. Which template depends on the checkout you are using - if it's FLC check in modules/Fast_Lane_Checkout/

How do I make it selected by default? I'm using 4.4.3 One Page Checkout. Here is what I have...

Code:

{*
$Id: select_carrier.tpl,v 1.1 2010/05/21 08:32:18 joy Exp $
vim: set ts=2 sw=2 sts=2 et:
*}
<select{if $name} name="{$name}"{/if}{if $id} id="{$id}"{/if}{if $onchange} onchange="{$onchange}"{/if}>
<option value=""{if $current_carrier eq ""} selected="selected"{/if}>Please Select</option> <<<=== THIS PART ADDED
{if $is_ups_carrier_empty ne "Y"}
  <option value="UPS"{if $current_carrier eq "UPS"} selected="selected"{/if}>{$lng.lbl_ups_carrier}</option>
{/if}
{if $is_other_carriers_empty ne "Y"}
  <option value=""{if $current_carrier ne "UPS"} selected="selected"{/if}>{$lng.lbl_other_carriers}</option>
{/if}
</select>

Instead of "Please Select" coming up, it defaults to "Other Carriers", regardless of what the added option vales are.

Thanks in advance!

cflsystems 05-28-2011 03:15 PM

Because $current_carrier is never empty

JWait 05-28-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
Because $current_carrier is never empty

OK, then how can I "edit the template that shows the shipping methods and just add another <option> to the <select> and make it selected by default." as you suggest?