X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Changing design (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   my image looks like poo (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=5510)

AKR 12-07-2003 05:15 PM

my image looks like poo

i designed it at a width of 900 px, so it's in between the top two screen resolutions. the problem is, it looks distorted. i KNOW it's supposed to look stretched or squeezed, depending on the resolution, but the actual image quality looks worse. in paint shop, when i stretch or squeeze it, it doesn't look bad like it does on line. does anyone know why this is and how to fix it? -Reuben

groovico 12-08-2003 09:36 AM

A url would be handy, hard to guess what you're meaning without one. Post a link for people to take a look and help you.

AKR 12-08-2003 08:51 PM

***edited to keep hackers away***

blue-dreamer 12-08-2003 11:18 PM

That's because images do distort when they are stretched, and unfortunately there's no compromise.

One option would be to use a flash logo, I believe this would stretch without losing quality - I'm no flash guru but have seen it done.

groovico 12-09-2003 11:22 AM

You got the width set to 100% on a normal bitmap image. It's a no no thing to do.

You need to build a fixed width image, if you want it to use up additional space you need to buffer the sides with background table images. For example resize this forum. notice the top images stay the same? You need to use the same kind of logic where it doesnt resize but rather slides.

You can do it a few ways in flash too but microsoft is being forced to remove the active X embedding code after january which is going to royally screw up future flash users so it's not a good path to take.

leon 12-09-2003 12:08 PM

Cut the image at some point and make it as the background image before you add the logo.

For example:

1. Cut the image after the TM
2. now you have 2 images
3. use three cells in a table
4. put your first image in cell #1
5. put your second image in cell #3
6. in the middle cell (cell #2) put a background image so it can repeat itself, usually a cut out from the logo that doesnt compromise letters or images.

Done.

AKR 12-16-2003 02:04 AM

i ended up just making it a fixed image and leaving it at that. thanks all, Reuben

leon 12-16-2003 04:00 AM

Seams all black to me, but when you have your site in different resolutions may not look so good (if you could actually see your logo).

juiceman 12-21-2003 07:19 PM

poo

well, I just checked it and it still looks like poo :lol:

I had the same issue at first. What I had to do was remove the formatting from the template.

AKR 01-04-2004 12:57 AM

Re: poo

Quote:

Originally Posted by juiceman
well, I just checked it and it still looks like poo :lol:

I had the same issue at first. What I had to do was remove the formatting from the template.

haha, yeah, i've been viewing it in mozilla, so it looked fine for me until i used IE. what do you mean "remove the formatting"?