X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Changing design (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   how to creating custom product templates (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=42467)

boomobile 09-19-2008 10:12 AM

how to creating custom product templates

I already have 2 custom product templates, and want to add a new one. Where do I do this?
I'm not talking about Category templates, I know how to add those.

JWait 09-20-2008 08:11 AM

Re: how to creating custom product templates

Are you talking about a new template for all products, or a template for a specific product?

boomobile 09-22-2008 10:55 AM

I've changed the products.tpl, now I need to change the product.tpl (the product detail page for a single category only, so I need to upload a new custom product.tpl)

JWait 09-22-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomobile
I've changed the products.tpl, now I need to change the product.tpl (the product detail page for a single category only, so I need to upload a new custom product.tpl)

The product.tpl, is for each product, not the products in a category, that would be products.tpl, or products_t.tpl depending on if you have the items listed single file or spread across the page.

For the product.tpl, just give it a different name. Copy product.tpl to product-custom.tpl (or whatever name you want), make your changes, and call it from your "custom" products.tpl.

boomobile 09-22-2008 02:06 PM

OK, so I understand the process, but can't get the custom template to show up in the dropdown box to choose a "custom product template" on the details page for editing a single product.

JWait 09-23-2008 05:29 AM

What dropdoen box are you talking about? Your custom product template would be the default for any product called from your custom products template.

Here is how I understand the templates work..
product.tpl is the template for each individual product.

products.tpl is the template for items in the category, listed single file.

products_t.tpl is the template used to display all products in the categories if the checkbox for "Display only featured products list in multicolumn format:" is unchecked.

categories.tpl is the template for the side menu categories listing.

boomobile 09-23-2008 10:28 AM

On the product details page (when editing a product within x-cart admin) there is a dropdown to choose from, and I can choose from default, or two other templates that were created. I'm trying to add to this option.
Quote:

Here is how I understand the templates work..
product.tpl is the template for each individual product.

This is correct, but I also have different custom product templates that I can choose from. For example some of my products are in three column format (by choosing a specific category template) and some are not. AND I can apply a "NEW COLOR" custom product template to individual products - not the entire category. This is what I want to create: another custom product template that I can choose from the dropdown on the product details page. This may be a custom mod, I don't know. I didn't create the x-cart, it's been trial and error to figure out what is custom in my store and what is default.

My "Custom Product Template" dropdown box is located at the very bottom of my product details page between "Apply Global Discounts" and "Reward Points"

JWait 09-27-2008 11:11 AM

What you are describing is not included with x-cart. It sounds like a "theme-switching" mod of some sort.

boomobile 09-29-2008 09:49 AM

It's a "Custom Product Template" modification. and trying to figure out how to work with it still.

Jon 09-29-2008 12:19 PM

We offer this as an x-cart mod:
http://www.websitecm.com/x-cart-mods/multiple-product-templates.html