X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   BCSE Meta Mods -Product Meta tags Pro. (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=30133)

jtatarin 03-31-2007 11:05 AM

BCSE Meta Mods -Product Meta tags Pro.

Hello. I have xcart gold version 4.1.6. I installed 3 BCSE mods total. The free Static meta tags for 4.1.x free category meta title for 4.1.x and the product meta tags pro (which I purchased) for 4.1.x. Would there be conflicts between the free static meta tags and product meta tags pro? The reason i ask is because these mods aren't working properly.

Whatâ–“s the difference between the static pages meta mod and the product meta tags pro. Can these be used together?

The only mod working properly is the free category meta title. However it only works if I have "Include categories' META data into the site meta tags" and Include products' META data into the site meta tags: turned on under SEO options..

When these options are turned off nothing is added in the description and keyword tags.

In regards to product meta tags pro, if these options are turned on. What I put in the 3 extra field on the product page aren't displayed in the meta fields on the page. Just the standard x-cart meta stuff which includes the mini description
of the product and odly enought ALSO the meta information that I put in for the categories (free category meta mod).

Is it possible to uninstall these mods just by deleting/changing back to the existing files.. Can i still keep the new SQL? how do I delete the SQL patches completely?

Duramax 6.6L 03-31-2007 05:17 PM

Re: BCSE Meta Mods -Product Meta tags Pro.

First I would contact BCSE and see if they can help.

Second, hopefully you did a backup of your store and database before you installed the modifications. If BCSE can not help, you probally will have to use a back restore to fix everything.

jtatarin 03-31-2007 09:09 PM

Right. I may have to uninstall. Have you used these mods? I cant understand the difference betwen static meta mods and product meta tags pro.

carpeperdiem 04-01-2007 03:28 AM

-- moved thread to "Third Party"

To answer one of your questions:
Quote:

I cant understand the difference betwen static meta mods and product meta tags pro

"Static" refers to "static embedded" pages -- pages you create for things such as help, faq, shipping, store locations, etc...

"Product" would be your product detail pages.

They are very different animals.

I would uninstall/revert to your backup, then slowly, install and configure one of the mods at a time. Test. happy? Move on.

I own the product meta tags pro, and have the other 2 free mods from BCSE. I wouldn't open an xcart store without these essential mods (unless you have no desire to be indexed by the major search engines).

WhiteDoveGifts 04-02-2007 02:42 AM

Hi,

Just wandering what impact these mod's would have on a site that's live for about 11 months? Right now I have over 80% of my pages in the Google supplemental index so what would you recommend best to get out of there? My version is 3.4.9. but 4.1.5 is under development.

carpeperdiem 04-02-2007 03:17 AM

Quote:

Just wandering what impact these mod's would have on a site that's live for about 11 months? Right now I have over 80% of my pages in the Google supplemental index

If 80% of your site is in the supp, then your SEO plan isn't working, and you must find another way.

Here's a post that has some VERY GOOD links that may help you.

WhiteDoveGifts 04-02-2007 06:20 AM

You are right, but I didn't have an SEO plan or knowledge until I recently started to read this forum. But the damage has already been done just like it happened with you Jeremy. With a redesigned site, updated X-Cart, updated content and a new structure in place the SERPS should be getting better. I was actually questioning if it would make sense if I start implementing the product & category meta mods now on my old site.

carpeperdiem 04-02-2007 09:46 AM

It's never too late to fix what's broken. It may take a few months or more for google to self-correct, but once you get these things corrected, it will all fall in place. It's too bad it's not a stock part of xcart.

jtatarin 04-03-2007 04:23 PM

carpeperdiem.. I did exactly whart you suggested. I completely re-installed my cart and tried installing product meta tags pro and ths stupid thing is STILL not working right. I installedi t perfectly right...

The meta stuff from the .php pages is still the factory x-cart meta information and not that is put in the new fields made by BCSE...

It also is not correct on the html catalog pages. Are there any settings I need in x-cart for this to work?

carpeperdiem 04-03-2007 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtatarin
carpeperdiem.. I did exactly whart you suggested. I completely re-installed my cart and tried installing product meta tags pro and ths stupid thing is STILL not working right. I installedi t perfectly right...

The meta stuff from the .php pages is still the factory x-cart meta information and not that is put in the new fields made by BCSE...

It also is not correct on the html catalog pages. Are there any settings I need in x-cart for this to work?

1. Did you do the sql patch in the admin? It sounds like this step may not have been completed.
Quote:

1. Log into your Admin interface and copy and paste the SQL queries in patch.sql into the Patch/Upgrade sql utility.

2. html catalog pages? I do not know if this will work with html catalog pages.

DO ONE mod at a time. No more.