X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Third Party Add-Ons vs Custom Mods and Templates (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=21974)

rrf 05-22-2006 05:03 AM

Third Party Add-Ons vs Custom Mods and Templates

As "Third Party Add-Ons" section is just created I will make an emphasis on the difference between "Custom Mods & Templates" and this section. "Custom Mods & Templates" is for FREE mods, changes, code hacks, templates and so on. "Custom Mods & Templates" is for the code you want to share.

Third Party Add-Ons is for commercial mods. You can as well post your free mods here but only if they are bundled as a ready product. Ensure that the add-ons you post have at least a name and installation instructions.

Discussion of 3rd-party add-ons also goes here.

These rules are just a prototype. More regulations can be added in future if this section gets abused.

balinor 05-22-2006 06:15 AM

Thanks Ruslan, this will make it much easier to moderate, and much easier for people to find what they are looking for :)

groovico 05-22-2006 06:47 AM

Nice addition RRF, its good to have a dedicated area for this, it's been needed for quite some time.

jackel 05-23-2006 02:57 AM

I'd be very interested to see people give their feedback on 3rd Party Additions to X-Cart I must say.

Cheers,

Mark

B00MER 05-23-2006 06:50 AM

Already Cleaning out "Professional Offers" anyone care to take on "Custom Mods & Templates", Balinor, Shan? :D

Btw, may need to sticky this thread. :wink:

Defiantly a much needed forum if you ask me. =D>

balinor 05-23-2006 06:52 AM

Hey Boomer...why don't we just keep the Pro Services - Offers as is and use this forum for posts discussing specific 3rd party mods? I guess I'm thinking one thread in the Pro Services - Offers forum per developer offering their general services, and then specific mod posts here? Thoughts?

B00MER 05-23-2006 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by balinor
Hey Boomer...why don't we just keep the Pro Services - Offers as is and use this forum for posts discussing specific 3rd party mods? I guess I'm thinking one thread in the Pro Services - Offers forum per developer offering their general services, and then specific mod posts here? Thoughts?

Well, I'm just going by verbage of the forum title. Pro Services - Offers and Third party Add-ons.

In all essence I think the title should be "Commercial Third Party Add-ons" Just to help clarify the difference. :wink:

balinor 05-23-2006 07:04 AM

Sounds good. I'll clear out anything in the Custom Mods forum that isn't free :)

NightFire 05-23-2006 07:09 AM

Now this is a huge improvement 8)

All commercial mods in one forum, easy to find :lol:
And the professional services only in the pro services forum without any mods.

Keep the good work up.

Thumbs up for the moderators :!:

TheSpunkyLobster 05-26-2006 10:51 AM

Might be a stupid suggestion, but would it be possible to have a requirement that the thread title include which cart it's for? ie. [X-Cart] [LiteCommerce] or something similar?

I realise that most of these are for X-Cart, which makes it even harder to find anything that might interest LC users.