X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Changing design (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   editing css in dreamweaver (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=11228)

auggybendoggy 01-02-2005 06:16 AM

editing css in dreamweaver

Is this possible?
I tried this and I got nothing in dreamweaver.

I'm thinking perhaps I have to d/l all the files into a directory to have dreamweaver properly set up the template for editing?

Anyone

anyone

balinor 01-02-2005 06:29 AM

You can edit the CSS file in any text editing software you want. If you are looking to actually 'see' the results however, it isn't going to help you. The only way to do that is to save it up to your skin1 folder and see how it looks live. Same goes for the templates. You can edit them with Dreamweaver to see the table cells, but there will be no content to preview, as it is all populated using smarty tags and database queries.

auggybendoggy 01-02-2005 05:39 PM

balinor,
Thank you. I had a feeling that would be the case :)
thanks for the prompt support I appreciate it.

Auggy

adpboss 01-02-2005 07:53 PM

I think you might be able to do this with UltraEdit. You might want to ask B00MER about that. He was planning to become a reseller and has done work on their e-commerce site.

shan 01-03-2005 07:41 AM

you can try something like topstyle to edit css

rmaskell 01-06-2005 05:29 AM

I've looked at topstyle and it previews in ie and mozilla.

Though what files would I need to edit from the skin1 directory?

Has anyone tried topstyle?

You will see that my site is still straight out of the box even though it's got over 16,900 products.

Thanks

Robert

rmaskell 01-06-2005 05:32 AM

Forgot to mention that this looks like you need to be a coder to edit the pages. Is there a wyswyg editor so that I can just change the colours, move pictures around etc?

balinor 01-06-2005 05:32 AM

skin1.css is the master style sheet for the entire customer side of things, so that is the one you want to edit. If you want to edit the templates themselves, try using webmaster mode to see which ones are which :)

manager 01-22-2005 07:41 AM

really easy way to edit CSS in Dreamweaver

Assuming that you have configured your site in dreamweaver, for ftp access etc. and you have sync d your remote files to your local files

1. Open a new local file in dreamweaver eg newfile1.html attach your local version of -- your_xcart_dir/skin1/skin.css to file to newfile.html.

2. Or if you have topstyle intalled. simply right click on the skin 1.css file and select edit with topstyle.

If your site is configured for ftp you need simply click on the upload buttom. ( afer you adjust colours to yer liking)

You may need to delete your temp intenet files to see your changes.

Back up yer original Skin1.css, as a precaution.

Sorry if this is common knowledge.