X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Abandoned Cart Reminder module released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=65976)

random 12-07-2014 10:50 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by herber@wirehub.nl
The following 'bug' of this module has been haunting me since I've started using it:

The email that is sent to customers, shows the product prices excluding VAT.
That is no problem for customers that don't pay VAT, or haven't entered a country yet, but customers that have entered a country (or that are logged in) it's becoming a big problem.

More and more people are replying to the emails "why is the price higher than it is in the email??" and it starts to feel like I'm cheating them: they've seen the price + VAT on the website, they get an ACR email with the price excluding VAT, click on it and suddenly the price is back to include VAT again.

Every question receives the same answer: I'm sorry but you're in the EU so you have to pay VAT.

It would be great if the ACR module emails prices including VAT if the country of the user is known (and it is in most cases). Could this be added?


Such feature is planned by we don't have any ETA for it yet.

herber@wirehub.nl 12-07-2014 11:25 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by random
Such feature is planned by we don't have any ETA for it yet.

The fact that it's been planned is already great!

DanUK 12-23-2014 07:31 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Erm, I've just purchased this and trying to run through the install. On the very first step I get:

Code:

Installing and configuring the module

Check patches ...
Patching file /.../.../siteroot/skin/common_files/provider/menu_box.tpl ...
Hunk #1 succeeded at 17.
done
Patching file /.../.../siteroot/skin/common_files/provider/home.tpl ...
Patches cannot be applied, because the files which are to be patched,  have been modified before. Do you want to copy the pre-patched files  over the old ones or to cancel the installation?

I don't want it to overwrite a rather heavily modded 4.6.1 but seem to have no way of continuing or instructions to do it manually....do I now have to pay the $99 for an install?

Thanks

Dan

herber@wirehub.nl 12-23-2014 08:31 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanUK
Erm, I've just purchased this and trying to run through the install. On the very first step I get:

Code:

Installing and configuring the module

Check patches ...
Patching file /.../.../siteroot/skin/common_files/provider/menu_box.tpl ...
Hunk #1 succeeded at 17.
done
Patching file /.../.../siteroot/skin/common_files/provider/home.tpl ...
Patches cannot be applied, because the files which are to be patched,  have been modified before. Do you want to copy the pre-patched files  over the old ones or to cancel the installation?

I don't want it to overwrite a rather heavily modded 4.6.1 but seem to have no way of continuing or instructions to do it manually....do I now have to pay the $99 for an install?

Thanks

Dan

What instructions do you need to do it manually?

Just patch the file manually by opening the file you need to patch (the home.tpl) end open the patch file & edit what needs to be patched.

If you have a heavily modified X-Cart, you can't expect the installation to work, since, well, you modified the files.

DanUK 12-23-2014 10:42 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Thanks, I am unfamiliar with X-Cart provided modules and potential deviation from the wizard, I thought that maybe it could only be installed this way asking for the AUTH code etc. With all my mods I've ever had from third party vendors the instructions are explicit telling you the sequence of sql/skin patches etc so there is ,little margin for error.

Thanks though, now I know I can do it that way I'll patch it manually using my common sense and intuition.

Dan

DanUK 12-30-2014 07:54 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
OK, part installed now, just waiting on AletredCart to let me know if the last checkout patch can be inserted into their OnePage Checkout.

I notice that the notification email has a 'special link' that, at the moment, takes me to our AlteredCart One Page checkout which does not have the cart on that page so the customer would be buying blind, so to speak. Can the 'special link' take the customer to the cart instead?

Thanks

Dan

herber@wirehub.nl 12-30-2014 01:17 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanUK
OK, part installed now, just waiting on AletredCart to let me know if the last checkout patch can be inserted into their OnePage Checkout.

I notice that the notification email has a 'special link' that, at the moment, takes me to our AlteredCart One Page checkout which does not have the cart on that page so the customer would be buying blind, so to speak. Can the 'special link' take the customer to the cart instead?

Thanks

Dan

The special link contains info that will retrieve the correct items from the database & add them to the cart, whether the customer is logged in or not.

Just linking to the cart without that 'special' info would just show an empty cart for most if not all not-logged in customers, so it would undo the entire effect of the link. Altered Cart would probably need to be compatible with that in order for this to work. You'd have to ask Altered Cart.

DanUK 12-30-2014 11:23 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Thanks, that makes sense...annoyingly. In hindsight I should have purchased AlteredCart's Deluxe Tools but missed that part of the functionality until after I had purchased the abandoned cart mod....

xtech 01-18-2015 09:44 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
We are using Alterdcart Onsale module for offer and promotions.When I define any offer from on sale and sent abandoned cart notifications.But that on sale price is not showing in abandoned cart email.How to send On sale price if offer exist in abandoned cart email?

cflsystems 02-09-2015 08:30 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
WARNING!!!

If installing the 4.6.6 version for this module - DO NOT blindly copy the module's files to your cart. Instead go through every directory of the module and copy ONLY module's files. The distributive package of this module contains XC core files which if you just copy/paste will overwrite existing XC stock files. So any other modules or modifications you have made to these files will be lost:
func.order.php
home.tpl
menu_box.tpl

This now is good enough to ruin my day from early in the morning.

QT - DID ANYONE TESTED THIS BEFORE IT WAS RELEASED OR WE ARE NOW JUST GETTING MODULES OUT TO SCREW UP XC CLASSIC ?

Again - DO NOT follow the module's installation instructions. Do manual installation and carefully examine the files.

chamberinternet 02-10-2015 01:30 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
What about installing the module on a clean 4.6.6 install Steve?

cflsystems 02-10-2015 05:42 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
I would still do manual installation. I can't trust the func.order.php file included in the module is the same as the one in the XC package.

rocky 02-17-2015 01:58 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cflsystems
I would still do manual installation. I can't trust the func.order.php file included in the module is the same as the one in the XC package.


Please accept our sincerest apologies for that, Steve. Indeed, there was a bug in a module distributive which included unnecessary core files. We've certainly tested it. On a stock X-Cart 4.6.6. version though, thus we failed to notice this issue.

Thank you for the warning. Hope nobody else experience this issue.

I re-uploaded the fixed ABCR distributive.

Best regards.

kaduchess@yahoo.com 06-17-2015 09:25 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Why not make the mod so that the coupon code is already applied to the customers cart? Like this there is no need for them to copy and paste and apply. The name of the game is to make it quick and easy for the customer!

rocky 06-17-2015 09:48 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaduchess@yahoo.com
Why not make the mod so that the coupon code is already applied to the customers cart? Like this there is no need for them to copy and paste and apply. The name of the game is to make it quick and easy for the customer!



It's already working like that actually. If it's not in your case I'd recommend you to create a new support ticket via HelpDesk so that we could have a look.

intunejoe 06-20-2015 07:39 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
The problem I am having is that when a customer abandons a cart and then returns to the store to buy the items in the cart, the customer is not removed from the abandoned carts list. So, they then receive the abandoned cart email and are confused as to why they are receiving it when they've already purchased the items. S

Shouldn't the customer be removed from the abandoned carts list automatically after placing an order for those products?

intunejoe 06-20-2015 07:40 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Why isn't a customer removed from the abandoned carts list after they return to buy the items in their cart?

Thanks,
Joe

BBM_ 06-24-2015 01:26 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinrm
For some reason, mine is not sending out the email automatically even though I have it set as such.


Do you mind sharing what the issue was as I have a version which has appeared to stopped sending the emails and there are no error logs.

Thanks in advance.

intunejoe 06-24-2015 10:02 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
When someone abandons their cart, then comes back and completes the order, it seems that their cart is still listed as abandoned, and they receive the reminder email. Is this the way it is supposed to work? I assumed that once the customer placed the order, their cart would no longer be listed as abaondoned.

intunejoe 06-24-2015 10:03 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
When someone abandons their cart, then comes back and completes the order, it seems that their cart is still listed as abandoned, and they receive the reminder email. Is this the way it is supposed to work? I assumed that once the customer placed the order, their cart would no longer be listed as abaondoned.

Thanks.

rocky 06-26-2015 01:11 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by intunejoe
When someone abandons their cart, then comes back and completes the order, it seems that their cart is still listed as abandoned, and they receive the reminder email. Is this the way it is supposed to work? I assumed that once the customer placed the order, their cart would no longer be listed as abaondoned.

Thanks.



Your assumption is correct. If a customer used the same email address the cart should be removed from the abandoned carts list automatically. Probably the customer used a different email address.
Otherwise, I'd recommend you to create a new support ticket so that we could check what's wrong.

Mr. G 07-20-2016 08:55 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
I'm considering this module for 4.7.6 Gold Plus. I see the admin screenshot here http://www.x-cart.com/sites/default/files/abcr_module_settings.png says, "After how many days customer should be notified of abandoned cart".
Days??? This thread is full of references to hours. Is it possible to set the email to be sent in 30 minutes? If so, how?

rocky 07-21-2016 04:14 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. G
I'm considering this module for 4.7.6 Gold Plus. I see the admin screenshot here http://www.x-cart.com/sites/default/files/abcr_module_settings.png says, "After how many days customer should be notified of abandoned cart".
Days??? This thread is full of references to hours. Is it possible to set the email to be sent in 30 minutes? If so, how?



It seems that the screenshot is out of dated (thank you for noticing that!).

As you can see from the module demo here:

http://demo.x-cart.com/demo/admin/configuration.php?option=Abandoned_Cart_Reminder

This setting is currently uses hours instead of days.

Mr. G 07-21-2016 06:07 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Thanks. So I input 0.5 in the field to the right of "After how many hours customer should be notified of abandoned cart". That resulted in an error message. In a future version, would you consider making it possible for the user to input values less than 1? I want to automatically send the email in 30 minutes, not one hour.

rocky 07-21-2016 06:16 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. G
Thanks. So I input 0.5 in the field to the right of "After how many hours customer should be notified of abandoned cart". That resulted in an error message. In a future version, would you consider making it possible for the user to input values less than 1? I want to automatically send the email in 30 minutes, not one hour.


Float values are not supported yet, unfortunately. However, we've already discussed it with a module developer and will add this functionality to the next ABCR release.

Thank you.

magicant 08-03-2016 07:10 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Hi Rocky, I am running Abandoned Cart and did post a tech support question a while back but cannot find where.

Basically I have 2 problems it seems..

1. it's not sending out the Auto Emails... I have tested this by setting the timer to an hour and nothing came in.

2. Even if an order has been placed on the actual site it's still showing it sometimes in the abandoned cart... If you compare the abandoned cart listings compared to orders you will see some of the names have completed their orders.

Please can you let me know best solution to fix this.. I can send you login details easily.

Many thanks
All the best
Anthony

rocky 08-04-2016 12:09 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by magicant
Hi Rocky, I am running Abandoned Cart and did post a tech support question a while back but cannot find where.

Basically I have 2 problems it seems..

1. it's not sending out the Auto Emails... I have tested this by setting the timer to an hour and nothing came in.

2. Even if an order has been placed on the actual site it's still showing it sometimes in the abandoned cart... If you compare the abandoned cart listings compared to orders you will see some of the names have completed their orders.

Please can you let me know best solution to fix this.. I can send you login details easily.

Many thanks
All the best
Anthony


I just reviewed your account and failed to find a ticket regarding the Abandoned Cart Reminder module there.

I've created a new support ticket on your behalf so that I support engineer could check this issue out for you. You will be contacted shortly.

Thank you.

Mr. G 09-05-2016 02:22 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rocky
Float values are not supported yet, unfortunately. However, we've already discussed it with a module developer and will add this functionality to the next ABCR release.

Thank you.

I'm happy to report that we've upgraded to 4.7.6 and purchased and installed Abandoned Cart. It works very well. So now, I can hardly wait for the release with float values. Any ETA? :-"

Mr. G 09-23-2016 08:27 PM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
I've found two issues with ABCR. The first is a serious one, IMHO.

1. It is sending more than the specified number of notifications.
1.1. On /admin/configuration.php?option=Abandoned_Cart_Reminder, set "How many notifications should be sent" to 1.
1.2. In /admin/abandoned_carts.php if the admin selects an abandoned cart and then clicks the "Send notifications to selected cart owners" button (manual notification), then one notification is sent, and no more should be sent. But, incorrectly, ABCR is sending a second (automatic) notification. :mad:

2. Cart contents missing when creating order in ABCR.
2.1. On /admin/abandoned_carts.php click the Create order button, and a new customer record is created with the data the customer entered.
2.2. Go to the customer record, and click the "Operate as this user" link. You will see that the shopping cart is empty. :cry: It should be populated with the abandoned items.

But, for every customer who saves a registration, then abandons cart, when admin clicks the "Operate as this user" link, the shopping cart correctly has the abandoned items.

Please fix these issues.

rocky 01-04-2017 01:18 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. G
I've found two issues with ABCR. The first is a serious one, IMHO.

1. It is sending more than the specified number of notifications.
1.1. On /admin/configuration.php?option=Abandoned_Cart_Reminder, set "How many notifications should be sent" to 1.
1.2. In /admin/abandoned_carts.php if the admin selects an abandoned cart and then clicks the "Send notifications to selected cart owners" button (manual notification), then one notification is sent, and no more should be sent. But, incorrectly, ABCR is sending a second (automatic) notification. :mad:

2. Cart contents missing when creating order in ABCR.
2.1. On /admin/abandoned_carts.php click the Create order button, and a new customer record is created with the data the customer entered.
2.2. Go to the customer record, and click the "Operate as this user" link. You will see that the shopping cart is empty. :cry: It should be populated with the abandoned items.

But, for every customer who saves a registration, then abandons cart, when admin clicks the "Operate as this user" link, the shopping cart correctly has the abandoned items.

Please fix these issues.



I'm sorry for the delay in answering to you. I've just noticed this message while reviewing the thread.

I failed to reproduce these issues on a stock X-Cart version. We've updated the module recently. Please make sure that you are using the latest version.

If the problems still exists after module update please create a new support ticket with the reference to this thread and we will check this out for you.

Thank you.

herber@wirehub.nl 03-10-2017 01:31 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Hi guys,

Would it be possible to update this module to show VAT on abandoned cart reminder emails, if the country is has a VAT set? Now, all my customers that have to pay VAT on checkout, get reminders minus the VAT, which is quite misleading.

anandat 07-07-2017 06:19 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Is this module compatible with PHP 7.1 ?
I want to place order for it for 4.7.7 & already applied this patch

rocky 07-07-2017 06:26 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by anandat
Is this module compatible with PHP 7.1 ?
I want to place order for it for 4.7.7 & already applied this patch



yes, it's compatible with PHP 7.1

anandat 07-12-2017 09:36 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rocky
yes, it's compatible with PHP 7.1

Thanks.....order placed :-)

chamberinternet 01-24-2018 01:28 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Is there a specific method to update this module on an existing installation?

One of my clients is getting the following error when trying to access the module from the administration area (Using XC 4.6.6):
[24-Jan-2018 09:08:10] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function func_get_default_fields() in /var/www/vhosts/domain.co.uk/httpdocs/modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/abandoned_carts.php on line 278

Thanks

cflsystems 01-24-2018 06:12 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
I think this is from func.user.php
You can try adding

x_load('user');

just before the function call in in /var/www/vhosts/domain.co.uk/httpdocs/modules/Abandoned_Cart_Reminder/abandoned_carts.php on line 278

chamberinternet 01-24-2018 07:05 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Great... Thanks Steve - That did the trick!

cflsystems 01-24-2018 07:38 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Definitely bug in the module. Good to hear it works now

herber@wirehub.nl 06-03-2018 06:43 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by herber@wirehub.nl
Hi guys,

Would it be possible to update this module to show VAT on abandoned cart reminder emails, if the country is has a VAT set? Now, all my customers that have to pay VAT on checkout, get reminders minus the VAT, which is quite misleading.

Would it be possible to upgrade this module to make this possible?
We're still quite annoyed that customers, who've entered their address/country so X-Cart already knows whether or not to account for VAT, still sends emails without VAT to customers in this module.

georgewf 06-03-2018 07:34 AM

Re: Abandoned Cart Reminder module released
 
Another improvement needed is to include wholesale price calculation in the admin area cart listing. Now I might see a cart with listed value of $200, but if wholesale prices were calculated it's only $100.

BTW in North America we almost never show price with tax included.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.