X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   XC SEO v1.1.0 Released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=25297)

intel352 11-12-2007 02:35 PM

Re: XC SEO v1.1.0 Released

hey, check your inbox

zeta1600 11-19-2007 07:10 PM

I have this mod in products.tpl and i am suppose to add the following code. But, I think because I have XC SEO install it's not resolving. How should I rewrite this code? Or add something to htaccess?

<a href="manufacturers.php/?manufacturerid={$products[product].manufacturerid}">{$products[product].manufacturer}</a>

intel352 11-19-2007 07:12 PM

looks like the problem is a slash that you have in your code:
php/?

should be
php?

zeta1600 11-19-2007 07:28 PM

That was it exactly! Hey, thanks a lot for the mod!

intel352 11-24-2007 07:09 AM

Just a note, I noticed a notification about a user having difficulties with 4.1.9, but he appears to have removed his post. I just want to say, I just now downloaded 4.1.9 fresh, applied all XC SEO modifications without any difficulties, uploaded, installed 4.1.9, ran XC SEO installer, and it's working dandy with no problems.

So, it's been verified to work on 4.1.9, cheers

GTXPC 12-07-2007 02:09 AM

can I get help please, how do I install this on X-cart 4.0.16

My shop has to many custom programing but it will be nice to have this module working for 4.0.X

thank you for your Help

cbarnes 12-12-2007 12:51 PM

I believe I may have found a small bug with XC SEO v1.2.0

I was checking my client's site to be sure that the xHTML was valid and I was getting a bunch of these errors...

duplicate specification of attribute "title"

So, I dove into the code and there is a function that looks for the "title" attribute and if it is not found, it adds the title attribute to the a href tag.

However, it never finds title attributes that are already there.

So, I changed this function and It appears to be working for me...

In the file outputfilter.seo.php, I changed this...

PHP Code:

function _insert_href_title($found){
    if((
strpos(" title=",$found)===false)){

$found substr_replace($found,' title="'.str_replace($this->_name_delim,' ',$this->_cur_name).'">',-1);
    }
    return 
$found;

to this...

PHP Code:

function _insert_href_title($found){
    if((
eregi("title=",$found)===false)){

$found substr_replace($found,' title="'.str_replace($this->_name_delim,' ',$this->_cur_name).'">',-1);
    }
    return 
$found;

I hope this helps.

SpaceCadet 12-20-2007 01:25 PM

Re: [MODULE] XC SEO v1.2.0 Released

I installed XC SEO 1.2.0 onto my development site (X-Cart 4.1.8, WIndows XP, Apache 2.2.4, PHP 5.2.4) and ran into a problem.

The URLs look all search-engine-friendly like they should, but when I click on them, I get a 404 - Not found. It seems like the REWRITERULES are not being run (??)

Any pointers on where I can look to start to solve this problem??

Thanks.

bebekisses.com 12-20-2007 05:07 PM

you need to get the mod_rewrite rules setup in your apache installation.

it would probably save you a lot of headaches to do a small linux VM (128MB/etc) for dev. sooo much cleaner. APache + php on windows is such a PITA.

gkeraunen 12-28-2007 05:23 PM

This sounds really nice. Thank you for putting it together.

I installed this with no problems on 4.1.9. (After discovering the documentation!)

-Michael

sales@webosusa.com 01-02-2008 02:29 PM

Sorry... but whats this for?

SpaceCadet 01-03-2008 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bebekisses.com
you need to get the mod_rewrite rules setup in your apache installation.

it would probably save you a lot of headaches to do a small linux VM (128MB/etc) for dev. sooo much cleaner. APache + php on windows is such a PITA.

Thanks for the tip. I get XC-SEO working on my development system. Moved it to my live site and I am back to the 404 errors. Is there any way that I can check to see if mod_rewrite is turned on on my live server? I mean other than getting the 404 errors? Here is the text of my .htaccess file:

# .htaccess file for Island Creations

# general stuff
Options -Indexes +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on

# The starting place is...
DirectoryIndex index.php

# Prevent reading of .htaccess file
<Files .htaccess>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>

# prevent image/file hijacking
#RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$
#RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://(www\.)?islandcreations-online.com/.*$ [NC]
#RewriteRule \.(gif|jpg|js|css)$ - [F]

# block all smarty templates (no reason to have these exposed)
RedirectMatch gone ^/.*\.tpl$

# block the entire log directory
ReDirect gone /log

# block all .log (log files), .sql (sql dump/export) and .conf (config files) files
# in case some day these files move to another directory
RedirectMatch gone ^.*\.(sql|log|conf)$

# block access to the 'Smarty-*' directory
RedirectMatch gone ^.*Smarty.*$

# block access to /upgrade
Redirect gone /upgrade

# block access to /skin1_original
Redirect gone /skin1_original

# block access to the /sql directory
Redirect gone /sql

# block access to the /shipping directory
Redirect gone /shipping

# block access to the pgp directories
Redirect gone /.pgp
Redirect gone /.pgp.def

#XC-SEO

# Some servers require the Rewritebase directive to be
# enabled (remove '#' at the beginning to activate)
# Please note: when enabled, you must include the path
# to your root xcart folder (i.e. RewriteBase /shop)
RewriteBase /Island_Creations

# Enable the following 3 lines if you want to make sure
# all users use the www. version of your domain.
# Helps prevent cookie issues for some X-Cart installations
#RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
#RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^YOURDOMAIN.com [NC]
#RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/$1 [R=301,L]

##### XC SEO
# Rewrite SEO category URL's
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direction=0&ca t=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direction=1&ca t=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?printable=Y&cat=$2&page=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=0&cat=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=1&cat=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?cat=$2&page=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-c-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direction=0&ca t=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-c-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direction=1&ca t=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-c-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?printable=Y&cat=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-c-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=0&cat=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-c-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=1&cat=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-c-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?cat=$2 [QSA,L]

# Rewrite SEO manufacturers URL's
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direc tion=0&manufacturerid=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direc tion=1&manufacturerid=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&manufacturerid=$2& page=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=0&manuf acturerid=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=1&manuf acturerid=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=$2&page=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-m-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direc tion=0&manufacturerid=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-m-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direc tion=1&manufacturerid=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-m-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&manufacturerid=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-m-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=0&manuf acturerid=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-m-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=1&manuf acturerid=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-m-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=$2 [QSA,L]

# Rewrite SEO product URL's
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?printable=Y&productid=$4&cat=$2&page =$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?productid=$4&cat=$2&page=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?printable=Y&productid=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?productid=$2 [QSA,L]

# Rewrite SEO static page URL's
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-pg-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1pages.php?printable=Y&pageid=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-pg-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1pages.php?pageid=$2 [QSA,L]

# Rewrite SEO search URL's
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?([^/]+)-search-c-([0-9]+)(-[^-]+)*\.html$ $1search.php?mode=search&substring=$2&cat=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?([^/]+)-search(-[^-]+)*\.html$ $1search.php?mode=search&substring=$2 [QSA,L]
##### / XC SEO

I agree about the Apache and PHP on Windows, but I get it all working so I'm happy for now.

Thanks

nano1018 01-06-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intel352
Just a note, I noticed a notification about a user having difficulties with 4.1.9, but he appears to have removed his post. I just want to say, I just now downloaded 4.1.9 fresh, applied all XC SEO modifications without any difficulties, uploaded, installed 4.1.9, ran XC SEO installer, and it's working dandy with no problems.

So, it's been verified to work on 4.1.9, cheers

Hi Jon, my site is running 4.1.9 on Windows server with IIS. Will this work on my site? I couldn't use DSEFU as it need ISAPI REWRITE. Does XC SEO has the same requirement?

Alex

intel352 01-08-2008 05:11 PM

@ webosusa: this mod is for search engine optimized urls, it's an alternative to DSEFU

@ spacecadet: PM info about your site/server, i'll help you debug

@ nano1018: XC SEO is pretty much the same as DSEFU (except free). XC SEO hasn't yet been modified to work on IIS. Both mods could theoretically work fine on Windows/IIS, but you have to install rewrite (which is available for IIS). or even better, install Apache, you'll see better performance and most mods will now work ;-) :-D

radtoyscentral 01-08-2008 10:11 PM

I am having some issues. I just found out about XC SEO and am having a hard time installing it. I am running 4.0.18 and have seen some patching that I need to do to get this to work. When I unpacked everything and uploaded it, everything went well. When I typed in the install.php address I get an error:

init.php not found. Please, unpack XC SEO module in <xcart> directory

I unpacked everything and uploaded it to the store root directory and get this error. Can anybody tell me what is wrong?

intel352 01-08-2008 10:33 PM

This release is currently not ready for 4.0.x, just 4.1.x

I'll be updating soon with better documentation for 4.1.x, and the install procedure for 4.0.x

radtoyscentral 01-08-2008 10:46 PM

In all honesty, how hard is it to upgrade from 4.0.18 to 4.1.1?

intel352 01-08-2008 11:43 PM

Upgrading is never a fun process, but if you don't have mods, etc, that you need to hang onto, that always helps. I upgraded a website from 4.1.3 to 4.1.9 today, but encountered issues (custom modifications, addons, etc) that turned the upgrade into an all-day ordeal. But you could have a very good experience depending on your situation.

sales@webosusa.com 01-09-2008 01:04 PM

Whats the mean SEO? Whats this program for? Sorry for the stupid question.

anthonizzle 01-10-2008 05:59 PM

SEO is search engine optimization.

It's something you need to have your rankings on search engines better.

sales@webosusa.com 01-10-2008 06:36 PM

Does works with X-CART 4.1.9?

PhilJ 01-19-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Does works with X-CART 4.1.9?
Yes it does.

Does anyone know how I can append...
Code:

&amp;show=all
...to the URL. I am trying to get this mod working.

I have tried using the method in this post, without any joy.

intel352 01-22-2008 07:22 AM

Hey Phil, feel free to contact me if you haven't solved this yet, I'll help you get it working

amadecs 01-22-2008 09:01 AM

Hi,

I'm brand new to this forum, and I'm looking for a good URL rewrite program. I've read quite a few posts about CDSEO, DSEFU, and just recently X-Cart-SEO. I'm leaning a bit more towards CDSEO, but thought that I would write down what it is that I need, and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Also, is there anywhere I can look to see the features and benefits for X-Cart-SEO?

So, basically I have a store that carries approximately 3000 products. I need a way to rewrite all the URL's automatically based on either the page title or category/product name. In a nutshell, I want to have keyword-rich, hyphenated URL's, but I don't want to have to manually type in 3000 unique URL strings for each page. I don't plan on using the HTML catalog function that already comes with X-Cart. Ideally, I'd like to define a standard structure that I want to use for each string, then have a program auto-gen each URL, if possible. I also want the ability to change my page title structure so I can remove the "::" and replace with either a "|" or "-". Finally, if I can have the ability to modify the page titles and metadata for each product page, then that would be awesome!

Thanks!

intel352 01-22-2008 09:40 AM

Hi amadecs, no SEO mod does everything that you're listing, there are several items that are separate issues.

#1. XC SEO is good on performance, and is not encrypted, so you have full access to the source code (it's licensed as Open Source, GPL)
#2. XC SEO, DSEFU both dynamically rewrite urls on the fly. DSEFU is pretty much the same as XC SEO, except it costs money.
#3. CDSEO will convert your urls initially, but there's no automatic conversion after that initial conversion. Additionally, while the urls are totally customizable, you can't customize the url generation in an automated fashion without having to hire the author or another PHP developer.

If you want to be able to change URL structure and still have urls dynamically generated, I recommend XC SEO, as you can make the changes yourself (if you're savvy enough) or ask for help in the forums, or ask a PHP dev. XC SEO already allows you to inject your own custom word or phrase into urls. And since the code is open source, you can change the method for separating the words in the URL, via the PHP class (and also in the .htaccess file)

Regarding the page title structure, you can change that, but you should search the forums, as there are free solutions from other users on that matter.
For page titles & metadata, that will also require separate customization, and there are free (and cheap) solutions for that around the forums as well.

Some additional notes:
#1. CDSEO is probably the most powerful solution, in terms of manual control over each url, but is also the slowest.
#2. DSEFU and XC SEO rewrite pretty much all desired sections of X-Cart in their base package, CDSEO rewrites Categories and Products and requires the purchase of addons for sections such as Static Pages
#3. DSEFU's feature list is here: http://www.safetynetweb.com/Dynamic-Search-Engine-Friendly-URLs-pr-1.html << Since DSEFU and XC SEO are so similar, they have pretty much the same feature list

The reason for the similar feature list with DSEFU and XC SEO, is that when I came to X-Cart, I found the only SEO solution that I saw at the time was DSEFU. It wasn't free, and required many manual edits, and wasn't feature complete (imho). I released XC SEO as a free alternative with more features, solving the shortcomings of DSEFU. Since then, since DSEFU is a commercial product, they've made sure that they at least meet the feature list of XC SEO, if not surpassing in one area or another.

The points against DSEFU are:
#1. Encrypted source code
#2. Not free

The points against CDSEO are:
#1. Encrypted source code
#2. Not free
#3. Slowest solution available

The points against XC SEO are:
#1. There may be bugs that still linger in the code. I know there are bugs in the competition software, but since they are commercial packages, you get solutions to the bugs. If you use XC SEO and find a bug, you have to rely on another user or myself fixing the issue, and there's no guarantee on turnaround time

Good luck in your decision. If you have an unlimited budget, you can probably find what you need with CDSEO + additional customization from the author to make the module dynamic, same for DSEFU.

Cheers!

amadecs 01-22-2008 09:46 AM

Jon,

You're awesome! Thanks so much.

Take care

neroag 01-30-2008 06:54 AM

Has anyone any ideas how i can stop the mod from removing the capital letters from titles
Title shows as .. My-Product
Title in database is .. My-Product

but after the XCSeo .. my-product :-(

this really disrupts already indexed & ranked urls any ideas how i can stop it happening ?

cheers all

intel352 01-30-2008 09:48 AM

sure, open:
modules/XC_SEO/outputfilter.seo.php

Search for strtolower, unwrap the function from the variable. i.e. -
Code:

strtolower($SOME_VARIABLE)

should change to:
Code:

$SOME_VARIABLE

There are 2 instances that you need to replace, that should take care of the issue for you.

Cheers

amadecs 02-01-2008 09:53 AM

I've noticed with many of the sites using XC SEO that their URL's still have the category #, product ID, or a letter like "p" (page) or "c" (category). For example many of the URL's that I've seen look like this:

http://www.widgets.com/category/blue-widgets-c-365.html

I'm just wondering if it's possible to remove those extra characters from the URL. The main reason why I ask is that for SEO purposes, let's say that I wanted to obtain a deep link to one of the product pages of my site. Or if another site decided to link to one of my product pages. The more characters I have in the URL, the more probability I'm giving them to make a typo error when inputting the filepath. So for me, I think the URL...

http://www.widgets.com/category/blue-widgets.html

...would be ideal.

I haven't actually installed the mod yet Jon, so you may have already addressed this issue. I'm just going based on the sites that are currently using XC SEO.

Also, one other question if I may. My site isn't live yet, and it's sitting in the "xcart" directory. Would it be wise for me to install the mod after I've moved to the root directory, or will XC SEO dynamically update my URL's to their new filepath?

Thanks for the help.

intel352 02-01-2008 12:29 PM

XC SEO dynamically rewrites your urls, so you would be safe to move to the root directory.

Regarding the urls, XC SEO and DSEFU both include variables in the url in the pattern that you mentioned. Neither currently offer the ability to have a completely clean url.

While I do intend to release a completely custom url SEO module, the only solution at this time is to use CDSEO.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask :-)

-Jon

amadecs 02-03-2008 01:03 AM

Ok, so it's 1:30am, and I'm having some trouble with the XC SEO module. I've been trying to figure this out for a few hours now, and I just can't seem to find a solution. I'm starting to think that it's a problem on my server, but I could be wrong. So here is my setup:

I have xcart installed in it's own subdirectory. This is the filepath: public_html/xcart/.

I installed the mod without any troubles, and it's showing up in the modules section of my admin panel. I checked my database and it looks good too. No duplicates or missing fields.

I uploaded all of the XC SEO files onto my server keeping the same file structure.

I did a copy and paste of both the (main) .htaccess and (catalog) .htaccess files into my existing .htaccess files. The main .htaccess is located at: public_html/xcart/.htaccess.

This is what it looks like:

Quote:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On

DirectoryIndex index.html index.php

#####
# The following rules should be added
# to the TOP of your existing .htaccess file
# to prevent malicious users/bots from accessing
# x-cart files that aren't meant to be public.
#####

# block all .log (log files), .sql (sql dump/export) and .conf (config files) files

# block common X-Cart files that could reveal
# that you have X-Cart installed
RedirectMatch gone VERSION.*
RedirectMatch gone COPYRIGHT.*
RedirectMatch gone INSTALL.*
RedirectMatch gone NEW.*
RedirectMatch gone README.*
RedirectMatch gone UPGRADE.*

Redirect gone /upgrade

# block access to /skin1
Redirect gone /skin1

Redirect gone /sql

Redirect gone /shipping

Redirect gone /.pgp
Redirect gone /.pgp.def

Redirect gone /tmp
Redirect gone /var

# Some servers require the Rewritebase directive to be
# enabled (remove '#' at the beginning to activate)
# Please note: when enabled, you must include the path
# to your root xcart folder (i.e. RewriteBase /shop)
#RewriteBase

# Enable the following 3 lines if you want to make sure
# all users use the www. version of your domain.
# Helps prevent cookie issues for some X-Cart installations
#RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
#RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^YOURDOMAIN.com [NC]
#RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/$1 [R=301,L]

##### XC SEO
# Rewrite SEO category URL's
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direction=0&ca t=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direction=1&ca t=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?printable=Y&cat=$2&page=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=0&cat=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=1&cat=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?cat=$2&page=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-c-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direction=0&ca t=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-c-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direction=1&ca t=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-c-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?printable=Y&cat=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-c-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=0&cat=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-c-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=1&cat=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-c-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1home.php?cat=$2 [QSA,L]

# Rewrite SEO manufacturers URL's
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direc tion=0&manufacturerid=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direc tion=1&manufacturerid=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&manufacturerid=$2& page=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=0&manuf acturerid=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=1&manuf acturerid=$3&page=$4 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-m-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=$2&page=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-m-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direc tion=0&manufacturerid=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-m-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&sort=$2&sort_direc tion=1&manufacturerid=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-m-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?printable=Y&manufacturerid=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-up-m-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=0&manuf acturerid=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-(productcode|title|price|orderby)-down-m-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?sort=$2&sort_direction=1&manuf acturerid=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-m-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=$2 [QSA,L]

# Rewrite SEO product URL's
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?printable=Y&productid=$4&cat=$2&page =$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-c-([0-9]+)-p-([0-9]+)-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?productid=$4&cat=$2&page=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?printable=Y&productid=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-pr-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1product.php?productid=$2 [QSA,L]

# Rewrite SEO static page URL's
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-print-pg-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1pages.php?printable=Y&pageid=$2 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?[^/]+-pg-([0-9]+)\.html$ $1pages.php?pageid=$2 [QSA,L]

# Rewrite SEO search URL's
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?([^/]+)-search-c-([0-9]+)(-[^-]+)*\.html$ $1search.php?mode=search&substring=$2&cat=$3 [QSA,L]
RewriteRule ^([^/]*/)?([^/]+)-search(-[^-]+)*\.html$ $1search.php?mode=search&substring=$2 [QSA,L]
##### / XC SEO

I played around with the RewriteBase to no avail. I even moved the .htaccess file up one level to the root directory, but still nothing happened. I do have another .htaccess file at the root level for various 301's etc...

My site was custom designed, but the overall structure remains the same. The only thing that I am certain of being different is that instead of skin1_orginal, we created another folder called skin1 to hold our templates and other design elements.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'll see how late I can stay up, and hopefully figure this thing out.

amadecs 02-03-2008 02:37 AM

Wow! I can't believe this!

After two hours of trouble shooting, I found the problem, and I'm embarrassed to even say it.

I forgot to modify the auth.php file. :oops:

intel352 02-03-2008 07:31 PM

haha, I've had similar situations happen to me before as well ;-)

sorry to hear about your trouble, glad you found the solution!

XC SEO's install routine used to be simple, but now has gotten overly complex due to the need for a complete installation rewrite. I also need to release a patch-file of changes as an alternative to the find/replace method. I hope to have these issues addressed in the next release.

Cheers!

amadecs 02-18-2008 07:23 AM

Quote:

haha, I've had similar situations happen to me before as well :wink:

sorry to hear about your trouble, glad you found the solution!

XC SEO's install routine used to be simple, but now has gotten overly complex due to the need for a complete installation rewrite. I also need to release a patch-file of changes as an alternative to the find/replace method. I hope to have these issues addressed in the next release.

Cheers!

Thanks Jon, it wasn't fun, but I'll tell you what. I can install this mod with my eyes closed now. :)

I also have question for anyone that has been using XC SEO. I've noticed one problem, that kind of concerns me with the auto-gen nature of the links. Say for instance, I decide to change the category or product name for one of my pages. Since that URL is being created using the above mentioned fields in the database, then my URL is going to change as well. Which in turn will lead to a broken link or duplicate content issue in the SERP's.

I know that I can just 301 the old URL to the new one, but I'm wondering for those of you that have a huge database of products, has this become a tedious job for you? I can't imagine that it would be fun having to continuously update your .htaccess file everytime you decide to change the productname. Anyone have a workaround? Besides going with CD SEO?

intel352 02-18-2008 08:23 AM

changing the product title (and thus, the url) doesn't not result in errors or dup content. XC SEO checks the url and issues a 301 redirect automatically.

test it yourself, visit an existing product url of yours, then in a different browser tab/window, change the product title, and then refresh the product page itself, you'll see the url change. if it doesn't, let me know ;-)

intel352 02-19-2008 10:15 PM

XC SEO v1.3.0 HAS BEEN RELEASED

amadecs 03-28-2008 12:01 PM

I have a question about the security issues that are in place foe XC SEO. There is a secure.htaccess file that comes with the module. It includes the following code...

Quote:

#####
# The following rules should be added
# to the TOP of your existing .htaccess file
# to prevent malicious users/bots from accessing
# x-cart files that aren't meant to be public.
#####

# block common X-Cart files that could reveal
# that you have X-Cart installed
RedirectMatch gone VERSION.*
RedirectMatch gone COPYRIGHT.*
RedirectMatch gone INSTALL.*
RedirectMatch gone NEW.*
RedirectMatch gone README.*
RedirectMatch gone UPGRADE.*

Redirect gone /upgrade

Redirect gone /sql

Redirect gone /shipping

Redirect gone /.pgp
Redirect gone /.pgp.def

Redirect gone /tmp
Redirect gone /var

Now, I know that it's supposed block malicious bots and users, but it's actually blocking complete access regardless.

For example here is an image in my xcart subdirectory that doesn't have the secure.htaccess file:
http://www.expresscomputersystems.com/xcart/skin1/images/hdr_mnu_networking_out.jpg

Now here is the same Url minus the xcart directory where the secure.htaccess file is located.
http://www.expresscomputersystems.com/skin1/images/hdr_mnu_networking_out.jpg

So right now I'm using all of the images in my xcart/skin1 directory as opposed to the ones in my skin1.

Anybody else have this problem?

intel352 03-28-2008 12:23 PM

the wording in the top of the file is incorrect if you want to get technical. the idea is that nobody should have access to those files/directories, and typically only malicious users/bots would try to access those files.

regardless, those rules should *not* be affecting the image that you're referencing. If you'd like, contact me via PM or email with your FTP info, I'll find out what is causing the problem.

Cheers

intel352 05-04-2008 02:55 AM

XC SEO [basic] v1.4.0 Released -- X-Cart 4.0 and 4.1 supported

g053584398 09-17-2008 07:27 AM

Has anyone successfully installed XC SEO 1.4.0 (rev 60 - May 4, 2008) with X-Cart version 4.1.2? Does anyone know why the patch for 'froogle.php' and 'get_language.php' did not patch successfully?

When attempting to apply the patch 'xcseo_41.patch' with X-Cart version 4.1.2, the following information was returned:

Step 1 of 2: Testing patch applicability and generation list of files

Result of the testing phase..

auth.php OK
modules/Froogle/froogle.php could not patch
https.php OK
include/install.php OK
include/get_language.php could not patch