X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Cart v4.7.9: Skrill and PayPal updates, Store Notifications, SEO, Bug Fixes (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=75921)

aim 02-15-2018 01:59 AM

Re: X-Cart v4.7.9: Skrill and PayPal updates, Store Notifications, SEO, Bug Fixes

Quote:

Originally Posted by josebueso
I just upgrade to Version 4.7.9 and the tacking buttom disappeared.

Applied the patch but still not working.

Hello,

The 'Track It' button is supported for these shipping methods only
australia_post
canada_post
courier1800c
dhl
fedex
ups
usps

Thank you.

josebueso 02-15-2018 02:21 AM

Re: X-Cart v4.7.9: Skrill and PayPal updates, Store Notifications, SEO, Bug Fixes

Quote:

Originally Posted by aim
Hello,

The 'Track It' button is supported for these shipping methods only
australia_post
canada_post
courier1800c
dhl
fedex
ups
usps

Thank you.

Now I can confirm the tracking button is working as is suppose to work applying the latest patch.

Thanks QT for solving this issue.

Tim Soles 02-22-2018 01:44 AM

We have successfully upgraded from 4.7.8 to 4.7.9 without any major issues and our site is running well.

There are 2 minor issues to mention:

Firstly, we have noticed that when manually creating a new product, after entering the Product Name, the Clean URL field is not being automatically populated.

It's a nuisance to have to populate this field manually.

Secondly, a minor issue which goes back to the previous version or earlier is that when manually creating a new product the Apply Taxes field is not highlighted by default. It is easy to miss this because the field does show the tax rate, but you need click on it to highlight it for it to apply.

Not sure if this is intentional? All our products have the same tax rate so from our perspective we would prefer that it was highlighted by default

aim 02-22-2018 06:20 AM

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Soles
We have successfully upgraded from 4.7.8 to 4.7.9 without any major issues and our site is running well.

There are 2 minor issues to mention:

Firstly, we have noticed that when manually creating a new product, after entering the Product Name, the Clean URL field is not being automatically populated.

It's a nuisance to have to populate this field manually.

I cannot reproduce the problem
Please have a look
http://demo.x-cart.com/demo_goldplus/admin/product_modify.php

Do you have JS errors on the product_modify.php page?

Quote:

Secondly, a minor issue which goes back to the previous version or earlier is that when manually creating a new product the Apply Taxes field is not highlighted by default. It is easy to miss this because the field does show the tax rate, but you need click on it to highlight it for it to apply.

Not sure if this is intentional? All our products have the same tax rate so from our perspective we would prefer that it was highlighted by default

Thank you for your suggestion.
I have posted a ticket.
https://bt.x-cart.com/view.php?id=49155

cflsystems 02-22-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

In /skin/common_files/main/product_details.tpl find

Code:

<option value="{$taxes[tax].taxid}"{if $taxes[tax].selected gt 0} selected="selected"{/if}>{$taxes[tax].tax_name}</option>

and replace with

Code:

<option value="{$taxes[tax].taxid}"{if $taxes[tax].selected gt 0 or $new_product eq 1} selected="selected"{/if}>{$taxes[tax].tax_name}</option>

or if you need specific tax only selected (replace X with taxid)

Code:

{section name=tax loop=$taxes}
  <option value="{$taxes[tax].taxid}"{if $taxes[tax].selected gt 0 or ($new_product eq 1 and $taxes[tax].taxid eq 'X')} selected="selected"{/if}>{$taxes[tax].tax_name}</option>
  {/section}

Tim Soles 02-26-2018 04:19 AM

I have spent some time testing the automatic population of the URL field when manually creating a new product in different locations and with different browsers.

It turns out to be a local issue with IE in our Server 2012 r2 Essentials network. Firefox works OK but IE does not complete the URL field from the product description.

I think I am right in saying that the server software controls the security settings on the IE browsers within the network so that might be the issue?

Not a big issue, just an annoyance, so we will use Firefox instead.

[quote=aim]Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

I cannot reproduce the problem
Please have a look
http://demo.x-cart.com/demo_goldplus/admin/product_modify.php

Do you have JS errors on the product_modify.php page?

aim 02-27-2018 05:18 AM

Hello,

Please do not use HTTP protocol to youtube.com in product descriptions, otherwise, the videos will disappear.

Thank you.

red_and_white 05-25-2018 12:14 AM

Hello all,
I made a fresh install of 4.7.9 version to test it.
PHP 7.2 on
When I click on the sign in link or on any link that is supposed to open a popup window I get this error:
An error occurred while processing a request. Please refresh the page.
If the problem still persists after refreshing the page please contact us on the matter.

In example the error occur even if I click on the button "ask a question about this product" in the product page.

Why?

aim 05-25-2018 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red_and_white
Hello all,
I made a fresh install of 4.7.9 version to test it.
PHP 7.2 on
When I click on the sign in link or on any link that is supposed to open a popup window I get this error:
An error occurred while processing a request. Please refresh the page.
If the problem still persists after refreshing the page please contact us on the matter.

In example the error occur even if I click on the button "ask a question about this product" in the product page.

Why?

Hello,

which browser do you use ?

Could you provide an URL to the site ?

Thank you.