X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   NEW! Firetanks X-cart Product Feed manager released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=24180)

groovico 08-17-2006 01:51 PM

NEW! Firetanks X-cart Product Feed manager released

It's ARRIVED! For x-cart 3 and 4.0.X and Now 4.1.X !

Blast your x-cart sales through the roof with the Firetank Feed Manager for X-cart Series

With so many of you wanting to increase your sales and looking at every possible avenue, a huge number of you have realised the massive sales. that shopping portals like Froogle.com, Shopping.com, AffiliateFuture.com and so many others can drive to you for very little extra work. Froogle alone can add $$$$ in sales a month and costs you nothing to list on.

After many requests for product feed mods and months of development and re-development, we undertook the task of creating ultra flexible Feed Generators for ALL the major shopping portals and price comparison sites, our feeds manager has been designed to be the best on the market offering you flexibility and future proofing like never before.

Introducing the Firetank Software Feed Manager Range

We're proud to introduce to you the Firetank Software Feed Manager Range. All the add ons in the series allows you to Automatically or Manually

Email feeds
FTP upload feeds
Download Feeds
Save Feeds to the server

Automatic feed ability

Automatic feed ability can be ran using cron, windows scheduler, links or via the feed manager interface so you can set up feeds to automatically update when you need them to.

Total Flexibility

YOU have the ability to modify, add, change field output easily so even if the feeds change, you know you are safe as you can easily add to or change the fields within our easy to use interface.

Advanced features

Allows PHP operations on fields from within the interface. Also supports advanced access to code class sections for programmers who wish to customise the feed outputs further and much more.

What feeds are available?

Affiliate Future feed

Shopping.com feed

Amazon Zshops

Affiliate Window

Pricegrabber

R.S.S 2.0

ShopZilla

Froogle.com (google base export)

Even more coming soon! (yahoo, shopferret etc)

I want feeds you don't have!

No problem! You can Modify one of our existing feeds, OR even better if you buy the Feed Manager Pro Bundle, you can ask us to make it FREE for you! * (subject to it being possible in our architecture)

What x-cart versions is it compatible with?

X-cart 3.4.X (available now!)
X-cart 3.5.X (available now!)
X-cart 4.0.X (available now!)
X-cart 4.1.X (available now!)

EASY TO USE

All this power is hidden away by our extremely easy to user friendly interface!

For more information see our site

http://www.firetanksoftware.com/fts/customer/X-cart-Shopping-Feeds-cid-26.html

B00MER 08-17-2006 06:35 PM

Great Bunch, Firetank and Outstanding Add-on! Defiantly helps pushing product data to shopping portals. Makes exposure for new stores quick and painless instead of waiting months for natural search engine rankings. As well as existing stores trying to gain more product exposure and presence.

thumbs up! 8)

mffowler 08-17-2006 07:48 PM

What's the pre-order 4.1 deal? Can you provide a link for the pre-order price?

I'll certainly pre-order this as any mod that saves time, increases orders, and reduces workloads is one that everyone should have. Nice one. With all of these feeds and Yahoo coming soon, and Boomer's Google Checkout on the way... one can certainly turn an online store into a powerhouse.

- Mike

groovico 08-18-2006 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mffowler
What's the pre-order 4.1 deal? Can you provide a link for the pre-order price?

I'll certainly pre-order this as any mod that saves time, increases orders, and reduces workloads is one that everyone should have. Nice one. With all of these feeds and Yahoo coming soon, and Boomer's Google Checkout on the way... one can certainly turn an online store into a powerhouse.

- Mike

Hi Mike,

The 4.1 pre order is available for any of the feeds or the, you select the 4.1 version from the options drop down.

A discount deal is available for 4.1 due to the wait for it for the complete Feed Manager Pro bundle deal, please see the version drop down on the feed manager PRO product page.

The Yahoo feeds will be released this coming week :)

Versions for x-cart 3.4, X-cart 3.5 and x-cart 4.0.X are already available.

BCSE 08-23-2006 01:44 PM

Re: NEW! Firetanks X-cart Product Feed manager released

We have several customers who have bought this already and we are really impressed with it. Great job Groovico & Kurt ;)

Carrie

cotc2001 08-24-2006 10:44 AM

I 2nd 3rd and 4th that.
This mod is as essential as the Marketting Manager 3 mod from firetank.

Firetank don't often release new mods but when they do they are always spectacular.

Hennet 08-25-2006 04:38 AM

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I havn't used any of the shopping portals before.
Does it matter where you are located or which countries you sell to. I am UK based and only sell in the UK at the moment so I would only want to feed to UK specific shopping sites, is this possible with this add on?

groovico 08-25-2006 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hennet
Sorry if this is a dumb question, I havn't used any of the shopping portals before.
Does it matter where you are located or which countries you sell to. I am UK based and only sell in the UK at the moment so I would only want to feed to UK specific shopping sites, is this possible with this add on?

Yes it is, infact it was tested in the UK, COTC above for example and many of our own clients. On some test runs it generated over ё1000 ($2000) extra revenue from froogle.co.uk for many customers, and it didn't cost them anything.

In the UK we already have feeds for most of the major UK shopping feeds and affiliate systems. And if we don't, any feed manager pro customer can request we build it, as long as it can be done within our architecture we'll do it for you!

Hennet 08-28-2006 05:13 PM

One more possibly dumb question, I have SafetyNet Webs DSEFU mod installed, would the feed use the seo friendly URLs or the php ones?

HWT 09-05-2006 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hennet
I have SafetyNet Webs DSEFU mod installed, would the feed use the seo friendly URLs or the php ones?

Very easy to use the DSEFU url's.

Also, the Auto URL's function on this mod is very easy to setup/use. I just successfully set up my first cron jobs ever to run the Auto URL's. Turned out to be a lot easier than I had feared because of how Firetank built that function. All around a very powerful x-cart addon that is VERY easy to use and will save me TONS of time and reduce lost sales due to outdated info.

cotc2001 09-05-2006 06:18 AM

Just out of interest with the auto URLS (as i didn't really test that when i was doing the beta test)

I can't do cron jobs unless i SSH into the server (there is no facility in my control panel) is there a win application that I can use to just trigger the generated urls at a set time (this might sound dumb but can i do it with windows schedule???)

HWT 09-05-2006 07:54 AM

Use something like Putty (free) to ssh in, as long as you can get the l/p from your server admin.

cotc2001 09-05-2006 08:04 AM

I can ssh in no problem but i'd rather see if there was a different method so i don't have to mess with the server

groovico 09-15-2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cotc2001
Just out of interest with the auto URLS (as i didn't really test that when i was doing the beta test)

I can't do cron jobs unless i SSH into the server (there is no facility in my control panel) is there a win application that I can use to just trigger the generated urls at a set time (this might sound dumb but can i do it with windows schedule???)

Dead easy to use windows scheduler to automate feeds using the URL generator:

Here's how to do it:

1. Bring up windows scheduler (found as "scheduled tasks" in your control panel in windows)

2. Find your iexplorer.exe using the browse button

3. Now that you've added that to your run box add the URL after the iexplorer.exe part so it looks something like this

c:/windows/internetexplorer/iexplorer.exe http://www.mysite.com/autofeed.php?skZC5vFdxaiQ

Set the schedule to run every few days at a time you're at your machine.

I don't use the crons personally I use windows scheduler it's just a preferance at my end because I can also run the scheduler when i feel like it.

groovico 09-30-2006 03:12 PM

The feed manager series and all individual add ons for it are now x-cart 4.1.X compatible! This means EVERYONE from x-cart 3 users through to the latest x-cart can use our feed manager series!

http://www.firetanksoftware.com

dgreen 10-03-2006 07:20 AM

Half of my products have hebrew names. I would like to only export my products with English names to the shopping portals. Is there a way I can (easily) do that with this? (In DSEFU mod that I use, I had to put in code everywhere to test if the product was in Hebrew and deal with it differently)?
Thank you
Gitty
http://www.discountseforim.com

groovico 10-03-2006 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgreen
Half of my products have hebrew names. I would like to only export my products with English names to the shopping portals. Is there a way I can (easily) do that with this? (In DSEFU mod that I use, I had to put in code everywhere to test if the product was in Hebrew and deal with it differently)?
Thank you
Gitty
http://www.discountseforim.com

We would need to perform some custom development for this, if you would like a quotation please send us a request via our contact us page on http://www.firetanksoftware.com and please mention how you are differentiating between hebrew and english products, example is it via an extra field or something in the product name?

groovico 10-29-2006 04:11 PM

For those of you running on Cpanel, you can do a quick cron job to automate running feeds from the cron jon option simply use a command like:

lynx --dump http://www.mydomain.com/autofeed.php?dfdfdfd8883737 >/dev/null

You can set this from the Cpanel admin area under Cron Job

qantixrob 11-07-2006 11:57 AM

Producing a general purpose export file when using variants

We use variants for all products (each variant has a unique SKU). Can we use this product to create an export file where each variant is a new product ? If so, I'm in heaven !!!

groovico 11-07-2006 02:57 PM

Re: Producing a general purpose export file when using variants

Quote:

Originally Posted by qantixrob
We use variants for all products (each variant has a unique SKU). Can we use this product to create an export file where each variant is a new product ? If so, I'm in heaven !!!

Variant support has been drafted in for the next release of Feed Manager Pro. The current version will export your main products, not variants.

qantixrob 11-07-2006 10:13 PM

Thanks for the update - do you have a planned release date ?

KCAutosound 11-12-2006 09:43 PM

groovico

I purchased this mod from BCSEngineering. Pretty simple installation and I also made sure to CHMOD all the files stated in the instructions. When I click on the link in the admin section. These are the screens I get at different times.

http://www.kcautosound.com/issues/feed-manager-2.jpg

http://www.kcautosound.com/issues/feed-manager-corrupt.jpg

http://www.kcautosound.com/issues/feed-manager.jpg

cotc2001 11-12-2006 09:53 PM

Re: Producing a general purpose export file when using variants

Quote:

Originally Posted by qantixrob

Rob what systems are you planning to use that on?? from what I know on all the shopping comparison sites that would be against their T&C (thats if what you are planning to do is that every product variant is the same except for a size or colour etc).

Better would be to be able to include the variant options into the output of the short description i.e

Description: blah blah blah
Available in: XXX, YYY, ZZZ

pcparts 11-13-2006 02:19 AM

We bought this from Firetank (Affiliate Future X-cart export Feed) this is the best thing we brought for our aussie store.
Got it 1hr after we paid them great service.
Dont know how people do things with out it.

groovico 11-13-2006 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCAutosound
groovico

I purchased this mod from BCSEngineering. Pretty simple installation and I also made sure to CHMOD all the files stated in the instructions. When I click on the link in the admin section. These are the screens I get at different times.

Hi

could you please email us directly through the contact page links on http://www.firetanksoftware.com with the full details of your order and the domain name you are running on, it appears feedmanager is being run on a domain it wasn't registered for or your license keys are missing.

groovico 04-12-2007 01:51 AM

Nextag feeds have been added to our feed manager series!

http://www.firetanksoftware.com/fts/customer/X-cart-Shopping-Feeds-cid-26.html

NightFire 04-12-2007 05:54 AM

Do existing customers of the Feed Manager Pro series get a special offer like last time with the feeds?

groovico 04-12-2007 03:52 PM

We'll be running special offers for existing customers over the next few months they will vary in what the offers are so keep a look out for our members only newsletters, these will go out to groups of people who bought specific firetank products :)

aschek 04-18-2007 09:37 AM

hi groovico,

Just bought my copy a few minutes today... I can't wait to get it for www.genpi.com ... I might get a few more (i bought the all feeds version!) I have 3 more stores... lets see how it works!

Can you please clarify what it means the 3 months upgrades ? does it mean that if froogle changes something in 5 months from now, i will not be covered and the mod will stop exporting correctly ?

thanks so much and keep up the great work !!

HWT 04-18-2007 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aschek
hi groovico,
Can you please clarify what it means the 3 months upgrades ? does it mean that if froogle changes something in 5 months from now, i will not be covered and the mod will stop exporting correctly ?

I've been using this since it first came out, and it is very, very easy to customize. If froogle changes something 5 months from now, you can simply change your feed parameters to match, which is very, very easy to do with this add-on. Hope this helps you from a user's perspective.

aschek 04-18-2007 10:02 AM

HI !
Thanks for the update, this is VERY nice to hear ! Can't wait to install and use it !
Thanks

groovico 04-27-2007 04:49 PM

Quote:

hi groovico,

Just bought my copy a few minutes today... I can't wait to get it for www.genpi.com ... I might get a few more (i bought the all feeds version!) I have 3 more stores... lets see how it works!

thanks so much and keep up the great work !!

Hi Aschek,

It means you can download the install archive as many times as you want within the 3 month period. Support is renewed anytime you make a purchase from us or simply extend your support, the support is global across all of your firetank products.

Also you might like to know that the way feedmanager works you can actually alter the feeds very easily yourself, for example if froogle added a new field, you can do this easily via the interface without any need for custom coding or modificaiton.

groovico 04-27-2007 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HWT
I've been using this since it first came out, and it is very, very easy to customize. If froogle changes something 5 months from now, you can simply change your feed parameters to match, which is very, very easy to do with this add-on. Hope this helps you from a user's perspective.

Why thank you, I answered aschek, then read your post :)

aschek 04-27-2007 04:57 PM

Groovico,

I am really amazeds by it.. I have it for a week now and it is amazing easy to use and configure.. Very good job, absolutely worth the money.. now, I made a mistake and bought the full one, and there are some feeds that are UK specific.

Congrats!

groovico 05-09-2007 09:07 AM

Quote:

Groovico,

I am really amazeds by it.. I have it for a week now and it is amazing easy to use and configure.. Very good job, absolutely worth the money.. now, I made a mistake and bought the full one, and there are some feeds that are UK specific.

Congrats!

Remember any spare feeds you purchase you can always use as a basis for creating new feeds for other engines as the whole system is user changable from the interface :)

Scott DeToffol 05-10-2007 06:30 AM

I'm going to buy this soon. What type of fees do each of the shopping services charge for posting products? I'm using Goggle Base/Frooge, which is free.

starwest 05-17-2007 10:09 AM

Is their built-in support for membership levels? I have products that are only available to wholesale customers which I'd like to block from any feed (because the links will just go to a 404 page).

Also, I know in another thread you mentioned allowing someone to try out a particular feed by purchasing it individually, but offered to allow them to use that as a credit for the bundle if they wanted to upgrade to that after testing out the feed - any chance I could get the same offer from you? :)

groovico 05-22-2007 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott DeToffol
I'm going to buy this soon. What type of fees do each of the shopping services charge for posting products? I'm using Goggle Base/Frooge, which is free.

Hi Scott,

It really depends on the engine, for example froogle is currently free (use it while it still is!), others like affilaitewindow it's up to you to set up the commission percentage, others are a flat per click rate or per sale rate.

groovico 05-22-2007 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starwest
Is their built-in support for membership levels? I have products that are only available to wholesale customers which I'd like to block from any feed (because the links will just go to a 404 page).

Also, I know in another thread you mentioned allowing someone to try out a particular feed by purchasing it individually, but offered to allow them to use that as a credit for the bundle if they wanted to upgrade to that after testing out the feed - any chance I could get the same offer from you? :)

Feed manager by default exports all public products, it doesn't export products available only to signed up members as engines will not allow you to list these.

You certainly can have credit for the feed you purchase off the main bundle if you wish to upgrade.