X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   News and Announcements (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Cart 4.1.0 released (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=21186)

jeeya 05-15-2006 06:51 PM

4.1.1 should be releasing in next day or two as I was told :)

Light Speed 05-15-2006 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raxitpatel
4.1.1 should be releasing in next day or two as I was told :)

:D :D :D :D 8O

svowl 05-16-2006 02:51 AM

Sorry about the delay with 4.1.1. UPS requires that we make some minor changes to the module that enables UPS shipping for X-Cart users, and we need to meet their requirements before 4.1.1 is released. It may take one or two additional days.

Chuchen 05-16-2006 03:53 AM

Just a question concerning this new version: what about the France post?

Guess what...YES, I'm french :wink:

THANKS!

cherie 05-17-2006 03:57 AM

While Javascript adds much needed functionality to web sites and X-Cart makes great use of it, there is a lot of it in the head and SEO is one example of why this might be bad. It seems common.js can be successfully called as an external file rather than included in its entirety. I've made some changes and the js in my head now looks like this:
Code:

<script type="text/javascript"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="/skin1/common.js"></script>
Are there any plans to move as much javascript as possible to external files? :D

Chuchen 05-17-2006 04:02 AM

It is really better indeed :D

nhasian 05-18-2006 08:53 PM

UPS shipping

maybe while your at it you can add the option to show all the shipping methods from different couriers on one page instead of having to use a drop down window to select different couriers. That is too confusing for customers. 8O

Quote:

Originally Posted by svowl
Sorry about the delay with 4.1.1. UPS requires that we make some minor changes to the module that enables UPS shipping for X-Cart users, and we need to meet their requirements before 4.1.1 is released. It may take one or two additional days.

verbic 05-18-2006 09:10 PM

Re: UPS shipping

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhasian
maybe while your at it you can add the option to show all the shipping methods from different couriers on one page instead of having to use a drop down window to select different couriers. That is too confusing for customers. 8O

It's a requirement of UPS to show shipping methods like that. They won't certify us if we make it other way.

cherie 05-18-2006 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verbic
Quote:

It's a requirement of UPS to show shipping methods like that. They won't certify us if we make it other way.

How about having an option to switch it off, even if it's some undocumented var in config.php? :D

nhasian 05-19-2006 08:23 AM

Perhaps you can release it they way UPS wants, then provide instructions here on the forums or by email to "enhance" the shipping page to show all the shipping methods at once. now thats a good idea :wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by verbic
Quote: