X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart reBOOT (reDUX) Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=77655)

PhilJ 09-11-2021 08:40 AM

Re: X-Cart reBOOT (reDUX) Template

11th Sept 2021 - Six new homepage styles added - 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 - (notice the home icon centre left, which enables you to change homepage style)

Files are in the changelog.

Dougrun 09-14-2021 07:41 PM

has the webp pages been tested on safari? i got an email from someone saying no images are showing.

PhilJ 09-14-2021 10:59 PM

https://caniuse.com/webp

Over 95% of browsers should have no issues. Safari is always playing catch up when it comes to new browser tech features.

I may add a jpeg fallback for older Safari users, (may require using <picture> elements), but it's not priority at the moment.

Dougrun 09-15-2021 07:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
this image shows the thumbnails not showing..

I don't suppose you could write a browser detection script to turn off webp if it detects safari?

PhilJ 09-15-2021 08:12 AM

Yes, I'll try and sort something out Friday, although am quite busy ... You can disable WEBP images for the time being if you like.

PhilJ 09-18-2021 01:06 PM

If we do get a v4.7.13 release, reBOOT will be reduced to $79 until 2022. EDIT, it's $79 now, as of 1st Oct, until further notice !

Not holding my breath though :D

They make pretty blog posts, but come on QT / Seller Labs / whoever you are, sort it out !!!

ITVV 09-24-2021 11:54 PM

Hi @PhilJ

Thought this may be of interest to 4.7.?? users, from another thread: -

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebluedoorboutique
Questioned the release of 4.7.13 again yesterday. They said "There is no 4.7.13", I pointed them to the Roadmap that was updated mid June 2021. Now... page has been deleted. https://help.x-cart.com/Roadmap

Sadly as I have said all along 8O 8O 8O

Kind regards

ITVV

Dougrun 09-27-2021 11:22 AM

not sure if other see this but on my webp generation page, it says its enabled but in fact it is not in the settings.

PhilJ 09-28-2021 11:01 PM

Quote:

Sadly as I have said all along
Yea, I noticed last week... I think most of us knew that v4.7.13 wasn't going to happen.

On the bright-side, v4.7.12 is stable and still a very capable ecommerce platform, so I'll continue developing for it.

reDUX already uses jQuery v3.6.0 and it includes the cookie fix that was in the roadmap.

Quote:

not sure if other see this but on my webp generation page, it says its enabled but in fact it is not in the settings.
@Doug, edit /images/webp/index.php

Find line 299, replace ($is_enabled = "Y") with ($is_enabled == "Y")

PhilJ 10-01-2021 12:11 PM

Oct 1st 2021 - Minor Update - Nowt special - Changelog

- Prices reduced until further notice! (seeing as there's not going to be a v4.7.13)
- One off price, not a subscription! :grin:
- Save yourself weeks of development time!
- Get yourself higher up in the search engines!
- Free updates, help and support!

Also, if you want any new features added, or have any ideas, just drop me a line.

vulcan-works 10-06-2021 06:39 PM

Not sure if this is a bug or a setting I missed. But it does not behave the way the xcart responsive temp. did.
If you go to a root category page that has sub categorys, the sub categorys will not show at the top of the page, unless you put something in the category description.
Remove all text from description field and subcategorys disappear again.

Dougrun 10-07-2021 10:16 AM

its a bug, had to find it on my own too.

PhilJ 10-07-2021 10:35 PM

@Vulcan, @Doug, please try this fix and let me know if it's any better.

Files replaced...
/skin/reboot/customer/dialog.tpl
/skin/reboot/customer/main/subcategories.tpl

Demo...
Has description -vs- no description -vs- no description and categories

vulcan-works 10-08-2021 04:39 AM

Yes that fixed it.
Thanks!

www.cheapglasses.net 10-11-2021 05:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, PhilJ, how about adding a new category page, same as rx-safety.com/product-category/master-safety-glasses/prescription-safety-glasses/? especially "READ MORE" AND "FAQ"?

www.cheapglasses.net 10-11-2021 01:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, PhilJ, how to let customers select product quantity like this website:
safetyglassesusa.com/crews-2237r-non-vented-chemical-splash-goggle-with-clear-anti-fog-lens/?

Customers can add or delete product quantities one by one, or fill in the quantity directly. Say if a customer wants to buy 1000 pieces, the customer can fill in 1000 directly. By default, x-cart 4.7 has to set 1000 at the backend, then customers can select 1000.

tks.

PhilJ 10-12-2021 11:33 PM

It's possible to use -/+ spinners for product quantities since Sept 8th, when the 'maximum quantity and case quantity' feature was added (includes catalog pages).

There's also an option to truncate category descriptions already, giving you a 'read more/less' button.

You could always add category FAQs to the second category description that's available.

nauticalstyle 10-20-2021 01:41 PM

How do I try out the blogs templates in /skin/reboot/custom/blog/?

PhilJ 10-20-2021 11:26 PM

@ Tony, details about the built-in blog are here... the demo is here.

www.cheapglasses.net 10-21-2021 01:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
how to increase the score, say, over 90, pls?

PhilJ 10-22-2021 01:13 PM

@ Cheap, it's a huge topic on its own... There'll be a minor update shortly, to address some minor CLS issues. The demo is hosted on a fairly low spec VPS to be honest.

Some things such as 'render-blocking resources' can't be improved upon, due to the sequence X-Cart loads it's javascript.

Unchecking "Enable buttons "Buy Now" and "Add to wish list" in the products list" in General Settings > Appearance will reduce the DOM size somewhat on the homepage and catalog pages.

You can 'trim' down the template somewhat (CSS & JS) to make small extra gains, but you'll probably need a reasonably experienced developer on your side to make the changes.

If you look at the trends in other ecommerce platforms, eg. Shopify; stores tend to be going more lightweight in content/presentation, in order to get better scores. It's possible to make changes via the reBOOT settings to do the same.

You can search back through this thread, as it's been talked about/addressed before, but in the meantime, you can check the SEO tips and links section.

Having had the unenviable task of working with Woocommerce over the past couple months (don't ask), I can tell you that in terms of SEO, X-Cart Classic and reBOOT beats it hands down :D

I might write a longer article dedicated to SEO in general, as there's so many factors involved, ie. not just the template itself.

PhilJ 10-27-2021 11:16 PM

https://web.dev/priority-hints

https://calibreapp.com/tools/core-web-vitals-checker

nauticalstyle 10-28-2021 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ
@ Tony, details about the built-in blog are here... the demo is here.

Thanks, Phil. I'm good to go with blogs now, although creating a blog through the product creation process feels a bit strange (there's a lot of different images to create), not to mention that I'm probably not that good at coming up with original content, so I'm trying out an AI Article Writer app (Writesonic) :cool:

I thought I could use a blog to promote my products.

Dougrun 10-28-2021 12:33 PM

from what i've read safari wont ever support wepb since its not an Intl standard so we'll need some code to detect/deflect to the jpg versions at some point.

PhilJ 10-28-2021 12:36 PM

@ Doug, sort of agreed, but out of curiosity, where did you read that? Caniuse WEBP

Will probably need to change to using <picture> tags for images, so there's a JPEG fallback, which will take a fair bit of work, but it's on my list of jobs... It's a good job the reBOOT WEBP addon preserves the original images :)

A small update will probably come this weekend, to at least address some minor issues with CLS, and a few extra little bits n bobs.

Dougrun 10-28-2021 02:53 PM

various forums and tech support threads. Apple wont support a google-created standard unless there's Intl support for it.

PhilJ 10-30-2021 12:25 AM

https://blog.getbootstrap.com/2021/10/28/bootstrap-4.6.1/

Update coming shortly :)

Dougrun 11-03-2021 01:36 PM

I read safari will support webp in the next version so its just a matter of waiting.

PhilJ 11-05-2021 02:02 PM

5th Nov 2021 - v4.7.12.7 - Changlelog - Mainly for Bootstrap v4.6.1, some minor CLS fixes, bits n bobs.

BTW, this is quite useful - https://cleanup.pictures/ :)

vulcan-works 11-05-2021 07:34 PM

So I duplicated my store in a different directory/database to install reboot on and play around with/ customize.
What is the best way to transfer all the modified reboot database config/languages settings over to my live store?

Dougrun 11-08-2021 01:36 PM

I moved the # of people purchased # of these to under the product image, works well.

Dougrun 11-08-2021 02:15 PM

I want to remove the Qty box and add to cart button from the Related items. I see its the simple_products_list.tpl but is there an easier way. I keep messing up the if/thens.

Also, i need a way to have it not show the price when hovering over an inline radio size. It defeats the MAP policy of showing "add to cart for price".

thanks.

PhilJ 11-10-2021 10:29 AM

@ Doug, try this.

Dougrun 11-10-2021 10:42 AM

thanks, seems to work!

PhilJ 11-10-2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

What is the best way to transfer all the modified reboot database config/languages settings over to my live store?

@Vulcan, not been asked that before, but it's certainly possible.

For template settings (x-cart config entries), you could use PHPMyAdmin to search for the reboot settings with the following SQL...
Code:

SELECT * FROM `xcart_config` WHERE `name` LIKE '%reboot_%' LIMIT 9999;

Then export the results/entries found which will give you an SQL file... note that you'll only need the SQL code between...
Code:

--
-- Dumping data for table `xcart_config`
--

And..
Code:

--
-- Indexes for dumped tables
--

In that SQL code, replace...
Code:

INSERT INTO `xcart_config` (`name`, `comment`, `value`, `category`, `orderby`, `type`, `defvalue`, `variants`, `validation`, `signature`) VALUES

With...
Code:

REPLACE INTO `xcart_config` (`name`, `comment`, `value`, `category`, `orderby`, `type`, `defvalue`, `variants`, `validation`, `signature`) VALUES

I would recommend making a DB backup of your destination site before applying the SQL to it.

Languages are trickier, as not all language entry names contain the word "reboot", but you could export all language entries from your source site to CSV, and import them back into the destination site.

vulcan-works 11-14-2021 06:58 PM

That is what I ended up doing after I realized the config entries had reboot in the name.

Also, how come this template is not compatible with paypal express checkout?
Did not realize this until after I enabled it on my live store.

PhilJ 11-15-2021 12:30 AM

It is compatible with PP Express, we just don't recommend using it (search the forum).

Dougrun 11-15-2021 10:08 AM

Is there any way to set a maximum qty for an item?

PhilJ 11-16-2021 12:35 AM

@ Doug, maximum quantities was added Sept 8th - Demo products.

It's wasn't totally effective, so I've added some extra code this morning, which will be available later on today.

Dougrun 11-16-2021 08:12 AM

I can't find where to enable the max qty option. its not in settings anywhere.