X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Place WordPress posts in your X-Cart (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=46676)

Dmitri 03-31-2009 10:03 PM

Place WordPress posts in your X-Cart

This is Free Open Source mod that allows you to place WordPress recent post on the home page (or with little modification) to any page of your x-cart.

It connects to the RSS feed of your or any body elses WordPress and populates data to your x-cart front end.

Why:

- It's good for SEO if your want to influence search engines to crawl and index your x-cart home page more frequently (better indexing -> better ranking) or if you have blog that you want to promote (better ranking)

- It's good for your visitors if you have a good and informative blog

Works with X-Cart 4.1.x and 4.2

See demo and download here:
WordPress RSS feed X-Cart integration

Hope it works and helps.

balinor 04-01-2009 03:21 AM

Re: Place WordPress posts in your X-Cart

Moving to Third Party Add-Ons

cotc2001 04-01-2009 03:51 AM

Wouldn't it present a problem with dupe content if the posts are on the blog AND on the x-cart site as well?

Dmitri 04-01-2009 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cotc2001
Wouldn't it present a problem with dupe content if the posts are on the blog AND on the x-cart site as well?

Nope. The mod puts excerpts from the blog posts which are short snapshots of the actual posts.

dalmuti 05-18-2009 08:16 AM

Dmitri, on your site the version listed is 4.2 - but above you say it works with 4.1? Which is correct, please?

Louise

OpheliaPayne 05-30-2009 04:22 PM

I would like to know this as well. I downloaded the code for 4.2, and used what I thought would go into 4.1, but it didn't work. I received this error

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "customer/dialog.tpl" in /home/webattit/public_html/store/Smarty-2.6.12/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Dmitri 06-02-2009 12:09 AM

Hello

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalmuti
Dmitri, on your site the version listed is 4.2 - but above you say it works with 4.1? Which is correct, please?

The current version of the module works with both 4.1.x and 4.2.x versions of x-cart

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpheliaPayne
I would like to know this as well. I downloaded the code for 4.2, and used what I thought would go into 4.1, but it didn't work. I received this error

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "customer/dialog.tpl" in /home/webattit/public_html/store/Smarty-2.6.12/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

Looking at the smarty error, it appears like the installation of the module went wrong. The dialog.tp is hosted in /skin1/ directory, not in /skin1/customer/

If you may please PM me your FTP access info, I will look into the site and will reply back with my findings.

Thank you

OpheliaPayne 06-02-2009 06:46 AM

Here is the issue.

In xCart Pro 4.1, there is no...

Quote:

x_session_register("login_antibot_on", "");
$smarty->assign("login_antibot_on", $login_antibot_on);

I believe I put the code in the wrong place, but that leads to the question, where is it suppose to go?

Dmitri 06-02-2009 01:36 PM

Hello

For those with 4.1.x versions:

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpheliaPayne
Here is the issue.

In xCart Pro 4.1, there is no...

Code:

x_session_register("login_antibot_on", "");
$smarty->assign("login_antibot_on", $login_antibot_on);

I believe I put the code in the wrong place, but that leads to the question, where is it suppose to go?

In auth.php put
Code:

# CartTemplates.com | ASF Design Inc. WordPress RSS feed blog parser
if ($current_category == '') {include $xcart_dir."/modules/CartTPL_blog/blog.php";}
# CartTemplates.com | ASF Design Inc. WordPress RSS feed blog parser

before
Code:

$smarty->assign("printable", $printable);
$smarty->assign("logout_user", $logout_user);

and replace content of /skin1/modules/CartTPL_blog/blog.tpl with

Code:

{capture name=dialog}
        {section name=blogcount loop=$blog.items}
                {if ($max_posts eq 0)||($smarty.section.blogcount.index lt $max_posts)}
                        <a href="{$blog.items[blogcount].link}"><strong>{$blog.items[blogcount].title|truncate:$max_title_lenght}</strong></a><br />
                        {$blog.items[blogcount].description|truncate:$max_content_lenght}<hr />
                {/if}
        {/section}
        <div style="text-align:right;"><a href="http://www.carttemplates.com/">X-Cart templates</div>
{/capture}
{include file="dialog.tpl" title=$blog_title content=$smarty.capture.dialog}

That should render this mod usable for 4.1.x

OpheliaPayne 06-03-2009 06:07 AM

That worked. Thank you so much.

I did notice that it's not transferring ' correctly. It translates as Б€™

Is there a way to address that? Thanks!