X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Dev Questions (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Free X-Cart Mod - User Names in Who's Online (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=34886)

Jon 10-24-2007 12:22 PM

Free X-Cart Mod - User Names in Who's Online

I created this mod so I could know the user names of the registered online users. Displays only in the admin section, and bolds the admins usernames.

http://www.websitecm.com/news/free-x-cart-mod-user-names-in-whos-online/

carpeperdiem 10-24-2007 12:39 PM

Re: Free X-Cart Mod - User Names in Who's Online

Cool. :-)

Thanks, Jon!

namesatwork 10-25-2007 05:35 PM

Wow, that's terrific. Installed and happy about it. Thank you.

TA 11-10-2007 10:19 PM

Works great! Thank you Jon!

Duramax 6.6L 11-11-2007 08:11 AM

Thank you, Works great.

DataViking 11-12-2007 10:04 PM

thank you

a1deano 11-14-2007 05:13 AM

Hi Jon

Ive installed the code which wasn't hard to follow but in the admin side / users / the users name isn't high lighted bold any ideas thanks Dean

weckie 11-14-2007 05:25 AM

Very nice mod.

Was wundering, can you do the same for the customer frontpage, but instead of login name display the name of the city the customer comes from??

Thanks.
Weckie

Jon 11-14-2007 07:51 AM

Dean: Only admins are highlighted bold.

Weckie: It could be done but the code would have to be rewritten and I don't have time to do so currently.

a1deano 11-14-2007 11:20 AM

Hi jon

No problem thanks for letting me know

cheers Dean

HaMoDeY 11-17-2007 04:54 PM

Hi there, I add the code with no problems, but I don't know where should I go to see who's online ? Thanks

TA 11-17-2007 05:38 PM

Take a look at the bottom of the page in your Admin.

sunset 11-17-2007 10:31 PM

Brilliant - thanks so much

HaMoDeY 11-18-2007 06:13 AM

Awesome , Thanks a lot

connemara 03-25-2008 09:21 AM

This looks great Jon!
While I appreciate that stats from this module are not accurate, it is a little useful, but we want it only to show in admin, not customer side.
Is this an if/then statement and where would I change that?
Thank you.
Connie

Jon 03-25-2008 09:39 AM

By default it shouldn't show details for customers. Perhaps your logged into customer side as an admin?

connemara 03-25-2008 10:31 AM

Hi Jon:
I had the module turned off because I did not want users online showing on customer side which it does just before the footer links. Just want that showing in admin before I add the code you recommended. This is the part in the rectangle_bottom.tpl
</tr>
{if $active_modules.Users_online ne ""}
<tr>
<td>{include file="modules/Users_online/menu_users_online.tpl"}</td>
</tr>
{else}

Connie

Jon 03-25-2008 10:36 AM

I understand. I believe this will do the trick:

FIND:

Code:

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']{if $active_modules.Users_online ne ""} [/font]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']

[/font]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][/font]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Change to:[/font]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][/font]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']
Code:

[/font]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']{if $active_modules.Users_online ne "" AND $usertype ne "C"} [/font][/font]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']

[/font][/font]

connemara 03-25-2008 10:41 AM

I just used this part: {if $active_modules.Users_online ne "" AND $usertype ne "C"}
and that did the job perfectly. THANK YOU!
Connie

designtheweb 03-31-2008 03:47 AM

thanks Jon and very nice too.

paul@dimoda.com.au 04-10-2008 11:04 PM

Great Mod. Would anyone have any idea why my int he date section my first entry and last entry are showing 12 hours apart.

(possible hint - store time is system time -12 hours)

<td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top" align="center">{$v.session_create_date|date_format :$config.Appearance.date_format}<br />{$v.session_create_date|date_format:$config.Appea rance.time_format}</td>
<td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" nowrap="nowrap" valign="top" align="center">{$v.current_date|date_format:$confi g.Appearance.date_format}<br />{$v.current_date|date_format:$config.Appearance.t ime_format}</td>

tarty00 04-30-2008 06:32 PM

What a great mod! Thanks heaps for this Jon! :D

roc 09-05-2008 11:10 AM

Awesome Mod!!!

tarty00 10-17-2008 10:08 PM

Just a quick question, I have upgraded to Version 4.1.11 and this mod won't work anymore for me. Is there something I need to change to make it work effectively in the newer versions of x-cart? Thanks heaps :)

modibaba 10-20-2008 12:18 PM

Jon, is this Mod compatible with version 4-1-9 as I do not have "who's online" option in the admin area, I amended the files as per your instruction but nothing has changed/more options added, thanks

tarty00 10-20-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modibaba
Jon, is this Mod compatible with version 4-1-9 as I do not have "who's online" option in the admin area, I amended the files as per your instruction but nothing has changed/more options added, thanks

Oh Duh! Thanks to modibaba I totally forgot to switch it on in the admin area. LOL. I have it working perfectly now. And to answer your question modibaba, yep it is compatible with version 4.1.9 as I have just upgraded from that version and it worked perfectly for me. Not too sure though why it wouldn't come up in the admin for you though. I will have a look on my end and see if I can work it out for you :)

modibaba 10-20-2008 01:30 PM

hey tarty00, same mistake here, missed to turn it on, and yes i got the users online option in the admin area now :)

tarty00 10-20-2008 02:43 PM

hehehehe! Glad ya got it going! I was lost without it and can't believe I forgot to turn it on in the admin. LOL. :)

modibaba 10-20-2008 02:47 PM

But i have a feeling that its not accurate, it is one hour behind and I logged in as a test user in a different window and added some items to the cart, but it did not show that on the admin area..

wank3r 10-22-2008 03:29 AM

Hi everyone,

I also have noticed the big delay that there is when watching the online users statistics. It's actually a bit annoying because I'd expected it to be realtime data as so many other CMS site has (and showing realtime data).

Can anyone confirm whether or not this is something that can be modified/tuned in any way?

modibaba 10-22-2008 03:41 AM

I did some tests, it shows the online users with few minutes delay, and it is in GMT, so for me based in the UK it is 1 hour behind due to the summer timing, but the wierd thing is that under the "current page" column it shows sometimes some external web links that has nothing to do with my website at all..

wank3r 10-22-2008 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modibaba
I did some tests, it shows the online users with few minutes delay, and it is in GMT, so for me based in the UK it is 1 hour behind due to the summer timing, but the wierd thing is that under the "current page" column it shows sometimes some external web links that has nothing to do with my website at all..

Yeah, I've also seen that happening as of today where you have your site link followed by a complete external link. I tried to follow the external link which was valid and all but I'm not sure how or why this actually works for the customer... very weird indeed.

billstevens 10-29-2008 06:54 AM

Thanks for the mod it works perfectly!
-Bill