X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   General questions (X-Cart 5) (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Sales receipt header (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=78106)

vine2home 01-03-2021 07:48 AM

Sales receipt header

I am using Core Version 5.4.1.21

When a sale is complete, the customer will receive a receipt with the following header information:

"Your order was paid successfully, (customer name)!
And we’re just as excited as you are!
Payment for your order has been received and processed. We’ll let you know when the order ships or is ready for pickup.
Invoice Number ...."

That message is fine. The receipt that is emailed to our company has the following header:

"Great news!
This order has been processed and paid for. Keep on selling!
Invoice Number ...."

I would like to modify this header message. I have looked at the "English Translations" table. I could not find these header messages. I do not know if the header messages are put on the receipt by an app or are hard coded into some module.

Can anyone point me to where, specifically, I might find where, in an app or the code, the receipt header is located?

Thank you for your help!

Ed B. 01-03-2021 08:40 AM

Re: Sales receipt header

Quote:

Originally Posted by vine2home

That message is fine. The receipt that is emailed to our company has the following header:

"Great news!
This order has been processed and paid for. Keep on selling!
Invoice Number ...."

I would like to modify this header message. I have looked at the "English Translations" table. I could not find these header messages. I do not know if the header messages are put on the receipt by an app or are hard coded into some module.

Can anyone point me to where, specifically, I might find where, in an app or the code, the receipt header is located?

Thank you for your help!

admin.php?target=notification&templatesDirectory=o rder_created&page=admin

(sorry, phpBB keeps placing a space where there isn't...)

Or, if you prefer to work directly with the database, it is in xc_notification_translations

Triple A Racing 01-03-2021 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vine2home
....Can anyone point me to where, specifically, I might find where, in an app or the code, the receipt header is located?

If it's just wording / content etc that you wish to modify in those headers, you don't need an app or code as XC have made this more 'normal user' user friendly since XC 5.4.* was launched. You can edit several aspects of the e-mails being sent by your store easily within the XC5 Admin GUI, here: / Store Setup / Email Notifications / Header Greeting & Signature - for global effects and you can then edit / customise each e-mail individually, by selecting that e-mail from the Settings tab and applying further changes there, to both admin and customer e-mails, if needed. You can also preview each of the e-mails there too, so that you're happy with the output that you've generated. We changed about 90% of the wording and detail some time ago, as the default English X-Cart wording that's provided for all of these e-mails is still 'debatable' :wink: However, it's much better now, than the wording 8O that was provided when this was 1st introduced way back in XC 5.4.*.

kevinrm 01-05-2021 11:05 PM

They went a bit overboard with all of those greetings they think we want but don't. Big surprises for me when I realized all these emails had those strange announcements.