X-Cart: shopping cart software

X-Cart forums (https://forum.x-cart.com/index.php)
-   Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4 (https://forum.x-cart.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template (https://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=66570)

PhilJ 11-20-2013 05:10 AM

Re: X-Cart - reBOOT - Responsive Template

Quote:

In my product detail page next previous option is not showing.How to bring that?

Ensure the feature is enabled in general settings > appearance
The feature had a bug when first introduced - see here
Maybe check your logs in var/log

Quote:

how to to display uniform display for large monitor,extra large monitor and normal monitor same in reboot v2?

You can tweak the media queries for specific screen widths in skin/reboot/css/reboot_media_queries.css

costanza 11-20-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilJ

You can tweak the media queries for specific screen widths in skin/reboot/css/reboot_media_queries.css

Hi Phil,

I have tried to set container width to: .container { width: 960px; } .

This does make the column width 960. However on a smaller device, it still removes the side category links (makes them responsive - and shows them at the bottom of the page).

I think what some people want (me included), is the site to show up as a desktop site on smaller screens, with the side menu intact.

Would this involve generating css from the bootstrap site? Will the auto-generated css (leaving out the responsive aspects), work with reboot Version 2?

By the way, I have reboot V1 live right now and am loving it. Version 1 is a little less responsive and does show up with categories on the left - on a 800 width tablet for example. (On V2, this same site is responsive and the menu moves to the bottom).

Version 1 is also less responsive on a desktop - Using Version 2 on a 1024 width moniter, if you shrink the browser width at all - it makes the site responsive and moves the side menu to the bottom.

Learner 11-20-2013 11:48 PM

Hi Phil,
Thanks now next previous is working.Thank you very much.

Can you please let me know if mega menu addons will be released for version 2?

How can I add manufacturer in mega menu?

How to display 4 products or 5 products always irrespective of small or large monitors?

How Can I add two different tabs similar like feedback in the left hand side or righ hand side sidebar?

Thanks for a nice template.

PhilJ 11-21-2013 04:13 AM

Quote:

Would this involve generating css from the bootstrap site? Will the auto-generated css (leaving out the responsive aspects), work with reboot Version 2?

Constanza, have you thought about upgrading to v2? It's free and fairly easy, but requires v4.6.1.

Obviously these days, there's a huge variety of devices with differing screen sizes.

reBOOT v2 behaves like this with the most common widths... (as per Bootstrap 3's default responsiveness)

http://www.xcartmods.co.uk/reboot/461/reboot_testing_tool.html

Mobile Portrait - W320px (responsive)
Mobile Landscape - W480px (responsive)
Small Tablet - W768px (responsive)
Tablet / Small Desktop - W1024px (normal)
Medium Desktop Upwards - W1280px and above (normal)

To change the .container class width, depending on screen widths, use this example code...

Code:

@media (min-width: 1024px) {
.container { width: 960px; }
}

Quote:

Can you please let me know if mega menu addons will be released for version 2?

In v2, mega menus are built in. Just enable them in the reBOOT settings.

Quote:

How can I add manufacturer in mega menu?

I have added a new option to display manufacturers in the mega menu...

Post a support ticket for instructions.

Quote:

How to display 4 products or 5 products always irrespective of small or large monitors?

You need to edit skin/reboot/css/reboot_media_queries.css

Set the # of columns according to the media queries...

Code:

ul.grid_view li { width: 25%; }

1 column = 100%
2 columns = 50%
3 columns = 33.33%
4 columns = 25%
5 columns = 20%
6 columns = 16.66%

I wouldn't advise it for smaller widths, as the product listing layout may appear squished for some devices.

Quote:

How Can I add two different tabs similar like feedback in the left hand side or righ hand side sidebar?

Possible with the inbuilt code, like the theme switcher widget, but would need to be custom coded. Contact for quote.

costanza 11-21-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Constanza, have you thought about upgrading to v2? It's free and fairly easy, but requires v4.6.1.

Obviously these days, there's a huge variety of devices with differing screen sizes.

reBOOT v2 behaves like this with the most common widths... (as per Bootstrap 3's default responsiveness)

http://www.xcartmods.co.uk/reboot/461/reboot_testing_tool.html

Mobile Portrait - W320px (responsive)
Tablet / Small Desktop - W1024px (normal)
Medium Desktop Upwards - W1280px and above (normal)

Hi Phil,

I have V2 ready on a development domain, but don't like that it is more responsive than V1. I want to make the switch to V2, mostly for the "add to cart" fix, but also a couple other fixes.

My customers are older and many will have screens 1024 width or less. A customer with a 1024 screen open anything less than maximum, or with a 'bookmarks' tool bar open, the category menu 'turns responsive' and moves to the bottom. (I can view reboot V1 on a 1024 width monitor, with a 'bookmarks toolbar' open, and the categories will be on the left as I want.)

The same is true on tablets with portrait view. It goes responsive on a 10" samsung on portrait or an Ipad mini. With version 1, it does show fine on the portrait view of a tablet (with categories in a left hand column). I can live with the level of responsiveness of reboot V1.

Sorry, I realize I bought a responsive template. I actually would have preferred not responsive, but chose your template because I like it better than anything else available.

PhilJ 11-21-2013 07:33 AM

ok, understood.

You can tweak the .container widths for specific screen widths in a variety of ways like this...

Code:

@media only screen and (min-width: 1024px) {
}

@media only screen and (max-width: 1024px) {
}

@media only screen and (min-width: 1024px) and (max-width: 1280px) {
}

Etc.

In v1, you can add the code to the bottom of skin/reboot/css/reboot.css

In v2, media queries are in a separate CSS file.

Screenfly is a useful tool for testing various screen widths / devices.

costanza 11-21-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

ok, understood.

You can tweak the .container widths for specific screen widths in a variety of ways like this...

Code:

@media only screen and (min-width: 1024px) {
}

@media only screen and (max-width: 1024px) {
}

@media only screen and (min-width: 1024px) and (max-width: 1280px) {
}

Etc.

In v1, you can add the code to the bottom of skin/reboot/css/reboot.css

In v2, media queries are in a separate CSS file.

Screenfly is a useful tool for testing various screen widths / devices.

Those changes do make the width 960, but the site is still responsive. The side menu goes to the bottom and the header centers everything.

PhilJ 11-21-2013 08:20 AM

The code is an example, you tweak it how you want it.

costanza 11-21-2013 08:32 AM

I have been trying to tweak the code, but the site is still responsive. I can set the container widths to a specific size, but this does not stop the menus from all going responsive.

- I can not stop the header from going to 1 column on a screen smaller than 1000.
- I can not stop the side menu from moving to the bottom on a screen smaller than 1000.
- I can not stop the footer menu from going to 1 column on a screen smaller than 1000.

Am I missing something?

PhilJ 11-21-2013 08:44 AM

You're not going to be able to stop the header / footer going responsive with v1. This is because v1 uses Bootstrap 2.

Provision is given in Bootstrap 3 to disable responsiveness as you wish...

http://getbootstrap.com/getting-started/#disable-responsive
http://getbootstrap.com/examples/non-responsive/

In addition to setting .container widths, you would need to modify the header / main content / footer columns...

For example, replacing...
Code:

<div class="col-md-6">
With...
Code:

<div class="col-xs-6 col-md-6">

v2 was made largely because of the better flexibility of Bootstrap 3.

Learner 11-22-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

I have added a new option to display manufacturers in the mega menu...

Post a support ticket for instructions.

Done.

Another question how to make highlighted or different color for a particular menu in mega menu?

RSWRussell 11-22-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

When uploading logos, ensure you have set the correct path to your store in skin/reboot/js/uploader/config.php

Eg. if your store resides in www.domain.com/store

Replace...
Code:

$storeDir = "";

With...
Code:

$storeDir = "/store/";

Is there a particular reason why you're not including the xcart web directory defined in the root config.php for this?

PhilJ 11-22-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Is there a particular reason why you're not including the xcart web directory defined in the root config.php for this?

I have actually just moved / improved the image uploader scripts, so that step is no longer necessary in the latest version. (uses $xcart_web_dir instead).

I have sent you updated files in your ticket.

PhilJ 11-22-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Another question how to make highlighted or different color for a particular menu in mega menu?

You'd have to use Smarty / CSS, similar to the code previously provided to you earlier in this thread.

electrics 11-22-2013 12:42 PM

LOGIN

I have implemented a "Sign in" link in the header menu as I am using the 1 column main page. However, it is not dynamic text. How can I implement either a dynamic text that changes as they are logged in, or some other implementation of the sign in.

Thanks in advance Phil!

BTW - your support is exemplary!

Learner 11-23-2013 02:54 AM

Hi,
Refine filter is not working after updating to v2 in my case.In category page which filters the manufacturers where more button is not working.
In category page the products which is not linked with on sale but displays as On sale products.

In manufactures page when i click any categories then in some categories no product is displayed.

Why this is happening I cannot track can you please help me.

PhilJ 11-23-2013 03:29 AM

Quote:

Refine filter is not working after updating to v2 in my case.In category page which filters the manufacturers where more button is not working.

With Refine Filters, ensure you have the very latest R.F. installation (currently Nov 5th). Then upload these files to reBOOT.

Also add this CSS to skin/reboot/css/reboot.css

Code:

.rf-customer-filters table td:first-child { width: 20px; }
#rf_found_box { min-height: 65px; }

PhilJ 11-23-2013 04:29 AM

Quote:

Social Media Login does not seem to be implemented. Is this the case?

The Social Login (Janrain) module is supported in reBOOT and enabled on the demo.

In my testing however, there's a problem with the module option - "Enabled services", in that if you change the services, it makes no difference to the available login options. This could be a bug with the module (not reBOOT).

xtech 11-23-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

The social sharing buttons feature of the module are not used, as reBOOT uses its own asynchronous social sharing buttons (product page).

Thanks Phil for this info.

Yes social sharing of janrain is not working.

Can you please let me know why Alterdcart On sale creating problems in reboot?

If I enable On sale (Alterdcart)in cart page quantity not updated.

Thank you again for a good and nice template...

PhilJ 11-23-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Can you please let me know why Alterdcart On sale creating problems in reboot?
I don't have that module to check, have you contacted Bill?

Check your logs in var/log to see if there are any errors relating to On Sale. Or post a ticket and I'll take a look.

As far as I'm aware, there's nothing in the reBOOT cart page code that should interfere or conflict with his module.

Learner 11-24-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

With Refine Filters, ensure you have the very latest R.F. installation (currently Nov 5th). Then upload these files to reBOOT.

Thanks Phil for your response.Can I replace the PHP and tpl file latest Refine filter file? No need to run installation again?

Please confirm..

xtech 11-25-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

I don't have that module to check, have you contacted Bill?

Check your logs in var/log to see if there are any errors relating to On Sale. Or post a ticket and I'll take a look.

As far as I'm aware, there's nothing in the reBOOT cart page code that should interfere or conflict with his module.

Hi,
Can i PM you the files?Yes contacted but still not getting solutions.His reply-
================================================== =====
FOR PRODUCTS MISSING IN SOME PAGES
1. It doesn't look like the products are missing, but rather there is a large gap here. It is probably related to the <div> tags inserted to display the sale data. If there is a global CSS setting to float these it could cause them to take up space otherwise taken by the products.

FOR QUANTITY NOT UPDATED IN CART PAGE
2. If you have items in your cart and turn on a sale that auto-adds products you will first need to clear your cart to see the changes. Otherwise the On Sale module thinks these products have been deleted and they will not be automatically added or changed with the changing quantities.

================================================== ======

thank you.

Learner 11-25-2013 04:49 AM

Hello Phil,
How to make responsive in Mobile Portrait - W320px (responsive)

what need to edit in skin/reboot/css/reboot_media_queries.css ?

Learner 11-26-2013 04:21 AM

Quote:

Also add this CSS to skin/reboot/css/reboot.css

Code:

.rf-customer-filters table td:first-child { width: 20px; }
#rf_found_box { min-height: 65px; }

I have replaced all the latest files and upload your files but still manufactures issue not resolved.

can you please look into the matter?

Thank you.

electrics 11-27-2013 06:49 AM

Quote:

The Social Login (Janrain) module is supported in reBOOT and enabled on the demo.

In my testing however, there's a problem with the module option - "Enabled services", in that if you change the services, it makes no difference to the available login options. This could be a bug with the module (not reBOOT).

We are testing at http://www.3vu.com/pages.php?pageid=2 (click "Sign In" in right column). It appears that the URL set for Janrain within the module (https://babyshowersbymail.rpxnow.com/) is NOT resolving. I can browse to this URL outside of the module with not problem. Have you seen this issue?

costanza 11-27-2013 11:58 AM

Hi Phil,

Could you please provide these 2 fixes for ReBoot Version 1?

- The add to cart pop-up fix, so that it is a workable size on phones.

- When a product page loads, to make the page always load the set 'default' tab. In other words, if a customer clicks on "email friend" tab on a product page, then goes to another product page, I want the description to come up on this next page - not the "email friend" page.

Thanks.

PhilJ 11-29-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Could you please provide these 2 fixes for ReBoot Version 1?

Quote:

- The add to cart pop-up fix, so that it is a workable size on phones.

You can upload this file, product_added.js to skin/reboot/modules/Add_to_cart_popup

This line controls the width of the popup...
Code:

width: 480, // POPUP WIDTH

You may need to edit skin/reboot/modules/Add_to_cart_popup/product_added.tpl to compensate for the reduction in popup size.

Quote:

- When a product page loads, to make the page always load the set 'default' tab. In other words, if a customer clicks on "email friend" tab on a product page, then goes to another product page, I want the description to come up on this next page - not the "email friend" page.

In skin/reboot/custom/product_details_tabs.tpl

In the first line, remove this code...

Code:

data-cookie="tabs_product_page"

Then clear cookies. It will prevent the last opened tab from being displayed on page refresh.

PhilJ 11-29-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

We are testing at http://www.3vu.com/pages.php?pageid=2 (click "Sign In" in right column). It appears that the URL set for Janrain within the module (https://babyshowersbymail.rpxnow.com/) is NOT resolving. I can browse to this URL outside of the module with not problem. Have you seen this issue?

Ensure the API key / Application ID / Application name are correctly configured at admin/configuration.php?option=XAuth

I still think there are possible bugs with this module, as changing the available login options doesn't seem to do anything (at least for me).

PhilJ 11-29-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Re. Refine Filters, I have replaced all the latest files and upload your files but still manufactures issue not resolve
It's important you have fully reinstalled the latest version of Refine Filters (Nov 5th release).

If while reinstalling, you accidentally overwrite - skin/common_files/customer/service_js.tpl - then re-apply step 7 of the reBOOT install.

Also upload the latest Refine Filter files for reBOOT, here.

It has been tested, and all seems fine regarding manufacturers. If you are still experiencing issues please contact QT.

PhilJ 11-29-2013 12:10 PM

$50 off the template until end of 2nd Dec with coupon code BFCM

xtech 12-02-2013 12:11 AM

What about Alterdcart on sale issue.

I have contacted bill and he said that-

Regarding quantity not updated in cart page-

I moved the onsale code in the auth.php to after the reboot code. They were conflicting in some way.

Learner 12-02-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

It's important you have fully reinstalled the latest version of Refine Filters (Nov 5th release).

If while reinstalling, you accidentally overwrite - skin/common_files/customer/service_js.tpl - then re-apply step 7 of the reBOOT install.

Also upload the latest Refine Filter files for reBOOT, here.

It has been tested, and all seems fine regarding manufacturers. If you are still experiencing issues please contact QT.

I have seen in your site(demo) http://www.xcartmods.co.uk/reboot/461/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=4 for Apple manufacturer.If I click any category for filter Refine Filters which shows 2 products but url http://www.xcartmods.co.uk/reboot/461/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=4&rf_man_cat=318 shows There are no available products under this manufacturer.If product is linked with that category then why product is not displaying?

Similar problem arises on http://www.xcartmods.co.uk/reboot/461/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=4&rf_man_cat=305 Feature Comparison category and displaying There are no available products under this manufacturer.

Please check once.Similar problem arises in my case also.

Thanks.

PhilJ 12-03-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

I have seen in your site(demo) http://www.xcartmods.co.uk/reboot/46...nufacturerid=4 for Apple manufacturer.If I click any category for filter Refine Filters which shows 2 products but url http://www.xcartmods.co.uk/reboot/46...rf_man_cat=318 shows There are no available products under this manufacturer.If product is linked with that category then why product is not displaying?

Similar problem arises on http://www.xcartmods.co.uk/reboot/46...rf_man_cat=305 Feature Comparison category and displaying There are no available products under this manufacturer.

Learner, that could be a limitation (or dare I say, bug?) of the Refine Filter module, when choosing manufacturers.

The 2 demo IPad products (Apple manufacturer) are assigned to 3 categories..."Gadgets" is the main category assigned. "Feature Comparison" and "Refine Filters" are additional categories.

I agree, it should list the 2 IPad products for all 3 refine filter categories.

It could just be that we have not setup the demo properly.

The demo is using the current latest Nov 5th release of Refine Filters module, with only minor changes to the CSS styling to work with reBOOT.

So I would contact QT or post a bug report to see what they say about it. Or maybe they are watching this thread and will test...

Learner 12-04-2013 03:03 AM

Hi Phill,

Thank you for your reply.Have you seen here http://demo.x-cart.com/demo/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=17

Then on left hand side if you click then products display as usual.Can you please check why this is showing in reboot?

Thanks.

PhilJ 12-04-2013 04:27 AM

reBOOT is using the latest stock code when it comes to Refine Fillters.

gozindagi 12-05-2013 02:53 AM

Hello,
how to make it unique and responsive in mobile as after some modifications header get lost in mobile.how to make structure uniform?

thanks to you.

Freakmode 12-06-2013 08:12 AM

Hi Phil

Just noticed that on New Arrivals the thumbnails are a little small 65px, is it possible to make these 150px?

Also when using New Arrivals in the side menu is it supposed to auto scroll to the next new item or is it a manual click.

Thanks

PhilJ 12-06-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Just noticed that on New Arrivals the thumbnails are a little small 65px, is it possible to make these 150px?

General Settings > Appearance

Maximum tiny thumbnail width (used in menu)
Maximum tiny thumbnail height (used in menu)

Adjust these two values, then regenerate the image cache in Tools > Maintenance

Quote:

Also when using New Arrivals in the side menu is it supposed to auto scroll to the next new item or is it a manual click.

It's manual by default. If you want it to scroll automatically, in skin/reboot/js/reboot.js

Around line 216, replace...
Code:

autoPlay: false,
With...
Code:

autoPlay: 3000,
Which is 3 seconds between each transition.

You can do the same for Bestsellers and Recently Viewed Products if you wish.

xtech 12-09-2013 05:11 AM

hi,
I have enabled x-cart banner system but it is not displaying neither in the left bar nor in the right bar.

how to enable banner system in reboot?

Thanks..

PhilJ 12-10-2013 03:20 AM

Quote:

how to enable banner system in reboot?

In the usual manner... follow the instructions here...
http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Banner_System

There is a minor fix for it though (v2), which you can get here.